Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Still struggling

Still struggling 9 years 4 months ago #29668

• jfs
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm trying to customize RSDirectory for a couple of days now and I'm still advancing slowly ... very slowly. My biggest problem is the usage of the terms. For example:
Big Subtitle: The entry's big subtitle. It will be displayed beneath the title, in an <h3> HTML tag
Small Subtitle: The entry's small subtitle. It will be displayed beneath the big subtitle

Big subtitle?! Small subtile? Huh? What? Okay where is it now? Is it in the listing view or in the detailed view? I have no clue and obviously the manual doesn't lose a word over it. This makes it very tricky to get some outcomes soon. Why is there no picture with an red arrow that marks the 'Big subtitle' and leaves no guessing to the customer? At least I would know then and could save another hour with testing.

Thanks
J.
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by jfs. Reason: typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Still struggling 9 years 4 months ago #29671

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Those are core-fields of RSDirectory! and are used to create the entry. What you're referring to is the generated layout which can be customized to any extent from the "Forms" section of RSDirectory!. Head over to Components > RSDirectory! > Forms > Layouts and you can change the content of the core fields as per your scenario.

More information on RSDirectory! fields can be found here:
http://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/938-fields.html

More information on forms can be found here:
http://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/939-forms.html
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!