Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Does RSDirectory support ACL?

Does RSDirectory support ACL? 9 years 5 months ago #29433

I am extremely interested in RSDirectory however I need to know if it supports ACL as I do not want everyone being able to post ads.

If i have a membership level of Merchant on my site, can I make it so Merchants can only post ads.... and if yes, can I restrict by group how many ads a user can post?

Thanks much!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Does RSDirectory support ACL? 9 years 5 months ago #29446

• silviup
  • Thank you received: 49
ACL restrictions only refer to the component's backend administration area, are you referring to not allowing website administrators to add entries from the backend? If this is the case, note that you can only restrict access to the component's entire administration area, not just the 'Entries' tab.

Frontend permissions are much more complex, and are based on Joomla! default groups. Direct restrictions on the number of posted entries are not currently possible with RSDirectory!. However, you can do this through the component's crediting system, which charges a configurable number of credits per entry field.

So, if you set up an entry addition form to have a minimum credit cost of, let's say, 50 credits, you can sell a credit package of 500 credits and limit the number of entries an user can submit to 10. More on this topic here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...ticle/939-forms.html

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/938-fields.html

Also, if you have a default Joomla! user group that includes the 'Merchants' accounts, you can set up restrictions so that only the merchants can add entries.

You can find more information about RSDirectory!'s permissions here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/937-groups.html

The component can be tested on its dedicated demo website:

directory.rsjoomla.com
directory.rsjoomla.com/administrator
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Does RSDirectory support ACL? 9 years 1 month ago #30640

• stevent
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I would like to have ACL for each form in the admin of my site. In my case there are several people creating and managing different forms. Now they either have acces to RSForms or not. So if they have access, they can edit each form that's in RSForm. And any user with access to the RSForm admin can screw up any form.

I really need a feature to assign a form to a single user or a usergroup, which he as an owner can edit and view the submissions.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by stevent.

Does RSDirectory support ACL? 8 years 8 months ago #32128

• amjin1
  • Fresh Boarder
Has this been answered? Is there a way to assign ACL for each form? I too have different forms that need to be managed by separate departments.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!