Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Remote Publishing with a Cron Job

Remote Publishing with a Cron Job 12 years 3 months ago #16048

Has anyone had any success getting a cron job to work with RS Blog? As the software doesn't come with instructions on the commands needed to set a cron going I've been stumbling around in the dark trying to make it work without any success.

I know the mail server settings are correct as publishing using the 'manual' option works, as does pasting the 'automatic' link into a browser.

All the other components I've got that use cron jobs come with instructions, but this one didn't - anyone got any tips?

Cheers!!

Ian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Remote Publishing with a Cron Job 12 years 3 months ago #16054

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

RSBlog! comes with instructions too. These are available in the component documentation:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/201-settings.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re: Remote Publishing with a Cron Job 9 years 3 months ago #30028

Could you post the correct link. This is for RSEvents

Re: Remote Publishing with a Cron Job 9 years 3 months ago #30047

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
How to configure a cron task for RSBlog! is presented here:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/786-how-do-i-set-up-a-cron-task.html

Also, information on RSBlog! remote publishing configuration can be found in this article :

https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/514-configuration.html
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!