Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Direct download link in article

Direct download link in article 9 years 5 months ago #29313

• brianpeat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I love the table format the plugin inserts into articles when I need it, but I really, really want the option to also just drop a direct link to a file as a regular link. For example at the end of an article I reference a pdf IN a paragraph as a link. The way it is now, the only way I can figure out how to do that is to visit the downloads page on the front end, copy the link, go to the article and manually put the link in.

Is there a JCE plugin (the kind that lets you choose a file using the link button in the editor tool bar), or is there some other way to insert JUST a link but not the entire table.

I don't want to have to hack the plugin since that'll completely remove the table insert option. It just seems crazy that there aren't two options when using the current editor button.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Direct download link in article 9 years 5 months ago #29323

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Have you tried enabling direct download from the Settings (Components > RSFiles! > Settings > General)

More information on RSFiles! settings can be found here:
http://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/356-settings.html

Let me know if it works.
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!