Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 15 years 3 months ago #6169

:angry: Help. Need to enable caching but this seems to break RSForms.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 15 years 2 months ago #6460

• andrew.chamot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
same here
The following user(s) said Thank You: robles

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 15 years 2 months ago #6473

I can confirm this. I use the rsform plugin for RsForm Pro, so caching caches the page, including the form. I turned of the global config cache but kept the System Cache plugin enabled, using Browser Caching. That seems to work.

The rsform plugin needs to be corrected so it stops the relevant Joomla article (containing the {rsform} plugin code) from being cached.

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 15 years 2 months ago #6487

• cvoogt
  • Fresh Boarder
Actually RsForm Pro doesn't behave right with ANY caching turned on. It is a serious bug. For some strange reason RsFormPro does not bother to keep itself from being cached. There is some code in there that generates HTTP headers and sets Pragma to no cache, but that apparently is not good enough.

Here is what worked for me:

Turned on Global Config's cache. Turned off System Cache plugin. Cleaned cache.
Added this code to the top of my index.php template file:
$cache = &JFactory::getCache('com_rsform');
$cache->clean();

This keeps RsForm from caching, but only works on the global cache (in my testing anyway).

I would REALLY like to be able to use the System Cache too as the two in combination really speed up site loading.
Last Edit: 15 years 2 months ago by cvoogt.

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 15 years 1 month ago #6684

Did you just put that right after the first php tag in the index file in your template folder?

eg /templates/rt_mediamogul_j15/index.php
<?php
$cache = &JFactory::getCache('com_rsform');
$cache->clean();

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 11 months ago #7284

yes. this hack only helps with the global caching .. do not use the system cache plugin with RsForm Pro.

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 11 months ago #7288

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

If you'll take a look at components/com_rsform/controller/adapter.php (latest version of RSForm! Pro, of course), on lines 59 and 60, you'll see that we've already added this code:
$cache =& JFactory::getCache('com_rsform');
$cache->clean();
However, this code has only effect when you access RSForm! Pro through index.php?option=com_rsform.

The System Cache Plugin works like this (we'll be using the example of RSForm! Pro loaded in a content article):
- the article is loaded;
- the RSForm! Pro Content Plugin runs and replaces the placeholder {rsform 1} with the specified form;
- the System Plugin records what the page looks like and saves it in the cache. This means that from now on, the page will never load the RSForm! Pro Content Plugin, and RSForm! Pro will never run as it should (the form will get displayed because it's appearance is stored in the cache, but the functionality is not).

There is no way to stop this from happening, unless you disable the System Cache Plugin. Unless the System Cache Plugin is modified to accept new parameters, there's no solution.

Take a look at the code of the System Cache Plugin, located in plugins/system/cache.php, and you'll find this comment from the Joomla! Developers:
// the following code searches for a token in the cached page and replaces it with the
// proper token.

So, they are aware of the problem and they did a little hack so that the token of the forms (a hidden field containing a secret token) gets replaced with the proper value, so that the standard forms in Joomla! (search, login, register etc) work.

We're trying our best to come up with a fix, but no luck so far. I hope this solves the "mistery" of the System Cache Plugin.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 8 months ago #8220

• dennus
  • Fresh Boarder
How can I call up www.mydomain.nl/index.php?option=com_rsform ???

When I do I get a message saying the page no longer exists.

This might be a way to overcome the problem until you guys can come up with a solution.

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 8 months ago #8266

Deosnt work when systems chace is onand form is loaded thru standard url in a modal window

see www.chickenout.tv for an example (click signup)B)
blah blah blah: link | email

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 7 months ago #8466

was this ever fixed?

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 7 months ago #8494

However, this code has only effect when you access RSForm! Pro through index.php?option=com_rsform.

The System Cache Plugin works like this (we'll be using the example of RSForm! Pro loaded in a content article):
- the article is loaded;
- the RSForm! Pro Content Plugin runs and replaces the placeholder {rsform 1} with the specified form;
- the System Plugin records what the page looks like and saves it in the cache. This means that from now on, the page will never load the RSForm! Pro Content Plugin, and RSForm! Pro will never run as it should (the form will get displayed because it's appearance is stored in the cache, but the functionality is not).

There is no way to stop this from happening, unless you disable the System Cache Plugin. Unless the System Cache Plugin is modified to accept new parameters, there's no solution.

I'm sorry. I'm not a tech guy, but my site has two forms embedded in my newsletter's subscription page. They are working perfectly for years from now, even with the joomla cache activated.

If this line of thought was right, they cant work. In reality they work pretty well even with the joomla cache activated

So why I cant embed rsform in my page and have it working with cache activated?

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 7 months ago #8549

• fumla
  • Fresh Boarder
I have exact the same problem, caching enabled and it don't work, now I send a ticket to support and they replied that I have to disable the caching in Joomla for this to work! Thats not correct to sell some script and don't make it compatible with what it is sold for.

Also they informed me to load the forms from a menu, we do this here www.cclogic.com but still same problem.

Many modules allow you to disable caching for them so that they work, why can't the developpers of RSFORMS PRO not do the same?

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 5 months ago #8858

I have the same problem, its a shame I keep seeing these... we do not monitor these forums etc? Finding a solution and posting on the forums will prevent people bombarding you with support.

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 3 months ago #9370

I have been testing this out, I have enabled cache plugin and also the global configurations cache,

so far so good, the captcha works!

I'm going to keep on test this for next couple of days, hopefully it will not break.

this is something that needs to be addressed in someway... enabling cache on a site is a fundamental as Google has mentioned several times that site speed is part of the ranking metrics.
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by herman.brummer.

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 2 months ago #9644

Ok I have found the solution. I hope everyone reading this post has found some form of solution.

1. Download the Recaptcha plugin. (it can be downloaded in the downloads section where your key is located.)
2. Install it into Joomla
3. Go to the Recaptcha website and Register. It will give you 2 keys when you finish
4. Once you have both keys go back into the rsform module and go to configuration. You will see there is a Recaptcha tab. Enter both keys. Then add the recaptcha to your form.
5. This should fix your problems and make your forms captcha look much nicer than the standard one.

Check it out on my Web Site

[url]http://www.windshield-replace
ment.com[/url]

:laugh:

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 2 months ago #9936

• myles
  • Fresh Boarder
This solution worked for me at first but then it stopped working? Any suggestions?

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 14 years 1 month ago #10146

• matt
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I have finaly found out how to make RSForm Pro work with cache enabled (just cache in global configuration for me) and the form linked to an menu.

In this thread from Joomla forum http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1900993. Thanks cvoogt!

I added this code to template index-file:
if($_REQUEST['option'] == 'com_rsform'){
$cachepage = &JFactory::getCache('page');
$cachepage->clean();
}

Matt
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by matt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: caroline

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 13 years 6 months ago #11516

• atombc
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Do you know the status of this problem? Have there been any development on this? I just set up caching on two of my sites and the RSForms died.

Do I need to take the hacking route described above?

Thanks,
Tom.B)

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 13 years 6 months ago #11749

I know may sound obvious -- but I used to cringe with this problem and always had to disable cache with RSForms..

One day I realized all I had to do was to use the Form module (either via 'loadposition' or simply in any normal module position) and no more issues with caching..

Basically don't use the content plug-ins.

Re:RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 12 years 11 months ago #13519

• cvoogt
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, but this also does not work for me with any caching turned on ... either with the Global Config cache or the System Cache or both. I really wish this would finally work with caching, since I use this on several customer sites and have paid for several licenses.

Anyone else have ideas?

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 12 years 7 months ago #14628

Even after trying all methods here, i couldn't solve my problem at www.myindustry.ir/magazine/special-issue/managers-disease.html ... any suggestion ?

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 12 years 5 months ago #15466

I found this plugin that seems to do the trick:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/cache/17783

I use it in conjunction with the module and it is working, at least for me. Have not tried the content plugin yet.

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 12 years 4 months ago #15793

I've been using a cache component called Jot Cache that seems to work just fine with the form in the content

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/cache/13155

Let me know if any of you guys bump into any issue with this

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 12 years 4 weeks ago #16887

• HeliFly
  • Fresh Boarder
Tried JotCache and initially it looked good with content module. However, during testing it seemed to cache the "thank you" text a user gets once a form has been submitted on at least one page and from then on that was all it displayed for that page till I uninstalled the component.

Back to the drawing board...

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 12 years 3 weeks ago #16966

• HeliFly
  • Fresh Boarder
Here's a solution I (seem) to have got working. It's not that elegant, but it does allow use of the standard system caching.

Instead of calling the form in the usual way, I call it using an iframe call (from within a custom html module).
<iframe src="index.php?option=com_rsform&amp;formId=12&amp;tmpl=component" height="371" width="305" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="margin-left: -10px; margin-top: -10px;"></iframe>

You'll probably have to control the width and height and also make some style changes to get the desired result. [This may cause problems if you're using conditional fields as you'll have to either enable the scroll bar or make the window size the maximum possible length of the form.]

Within the form itself I switched off the auto-layout. I used Firebug to see the html code my template / Joomla generated around the original form. I copied this around the RSForm code to keep the look and feel the same.

It takes a bit of trial and error to get the layout the same, but I think it's worth the effort to be able to use the standard Joomla caching.
Last Edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by HeliFly. Reason: Mistake.

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 11 years 10 months ago #17922

• octavian
  • Thank you received: 110
We've been able to add some workarounds to the Joomla! cache. Please read the following article for more information:
http://www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/179-rsform-pro-and-joomla-cache-workarounds.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 11 years 10 months ago #17942

• hans2103
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I use the Joomla plugin CacheControl instead.
In the parameters I add the url (after index.php?) to be excluded from caching.
it works like a charm
The following user(s) said Thank You: lausianne, studio41

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 10 years 8 months ago #24346

• lfj
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I use Rsforms embedded in modules with caching turned on.
I decided to take a different approach to the problem.

In short, I enable Ajax validation for the forms, extend the default behavior of the ajax validation function to handle submission, and I load the form via ajax from the rsforms component to inject it into the page.

In more detail:

I have a placeholder for forms with their id and JavaScript that looks for the placeholder and parses the id from a data-attribute.

It then loads the form with a mootools ajax GET request from the rsforms component, which is immune to the caching issues. It loads the component template (tmpl=component).

It is set to eval scripts from the fetched page. I make a call to the rsfp_getForm JavaScript function with the id of the form as a parameter and store the result in a variable.

I then set the onsubmit event for the form in the variable to ajaxValidation, the name of Rsform's ajax validation function.

I ensure that in my form settings I have ajax validation enabled.

I include Javascript that extends the original validation function, which returns true/false based on valid content. I have it still do that, and for validated submissions, have it serialize the form data and submit a POST request via mootools.

I forgo using the regular redirect url field, and place it in a data attribute in the form settings. I have the submission handler in my function pull the redirect destination from there, and redirect to the success url via javascript (ajax requests follow redirects silently/transparently, so you cannot capture the redirect set for the form in the standard redirect url field).

It sounds a bit complicated, but it works well for me globally across all forms. Once in place, it works for all forms by simply including the placeholder on the page where I want the form, and setting the redirect url in a form attribute in the form settings. Well worth being able to enable caching to use Rsforms in a module without the rendering problems and other issues present with the iframe method mentioned in this thread.

In short, I'd love to see ajax submission be a standard feature in Rsforms, as this would solve the issue at hand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yaani, info48736

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 9 years 5 months ago #29338

• info9053
  • Fresh Boarder
i use rsform in a module with template position rsform and use {loadposition rsform, xhtml} inside article ... and work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lausianne

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 years 6 months ago #32672

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The plugin CacheControl works for me with the standard setting option=com_content - but I assume that will disable caching on almost all pages. In the comments (reviews) of the plugin I found this comment:
"... enable it and add: event=submit and it fixes a long-term Chronoforms problem I was having."

Unfortunately RSForms, when submitted, will call the same page with no parameters, so this method cannot work. If RSForms added a parameter to the form action, perhaps that could be used to disable caching just for the response pages?
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by lausianne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hello97

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 years 6 months ago #32675

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
Cache shouldn't be used on dynamic pages (forms are dynamic). Articles are designed as static content. Some additional explanations are provided here:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/290-website-performance-to-cache-or-not-to-cache-in-joomla-.html

Some cache workarounds are provided here:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsform-pro/frequently-asked-questions/my-forms-are-not-working-correctly-with-cache-enabled.html
Regards,

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 years 6 months ago #32680

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, Alex. The first article is really nice. Switching off cache completely is not really an option: sites, especially more complex pages, are just way too slow without it. Since on some sites I have a form on almost every page (newsletter!), it also doesn't help to switch off caching for only a few pages.
The best thing I found, after some testing yesterday, was to add forms as modules with conservative caching. A bit more complicated than plugins, but manageable.

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 years 5 months ago #33171

Did you exclude rs_form component in JotCache settings to get this to work? Any other URL exclusions?

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 years 4 months ago #33523

This issue is new for me. I've never had cache enabled on any of my Joomla sites. And this started issues on the forms with the last updates to either Joomla or RS Form. I lost the thank you page and redirect. Noticed just today that the forms refresh on submit and not working as I have them setup. I don't have cache enabled but I did clear cache on the sites and tried the forms and it's now working. Now will I have to continually have to clear cache even thou it's not enabled ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ROADSIDE

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 years 4 months ago #33531

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
Perhaps you have a different cache enabled - provided by a third party tool. You are more then welcome to submit support ticket so we can have a closer look at this.
Regards,

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 years 2 months ago #34224

• BufeteJL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Bufete Juristas Laboralistas
I had my web www.juristas-laboralistas.es (abogados sevilla)previously scheduled joomla and I was the same. I had to schedule it in wordprees to fix it. It was terrible, for the loss of time. But I'm thinking back to do it with joomla and hope not to have this problem.

Thanks for listening.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 years 3 weeks ago #34720

• accessvirus
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all, since Joomla 3.5 you can now disable the cache for specific pages inside the Joomla cache plugin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jym

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 7 years 8 months ago #35605

lfj wrote:
Solution

Could you post the code u made as an example?
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by info48736.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 7 years 6 months ago #35934

• mike151
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried to use the page cache and disabled the contact pages... but didn't work...
Anyone?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ROADSIDE

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 7 years 5 months ago #36056

• ROADSIDE
  • Fresh Boarder
This has suddenly become a major problem for me. I manage several sites with this extension installed and this wasn't a problem in the past. Now, clients are complaining that their forms placed in articles are no longer working. The suggested cache setting work-arounds do not work for me.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 5 years 6 months ago #38530

We're having the same issue with the latest version of RSform. When caching is enabled the forms don't work.

Never had any problems with this before, and caching have worked pefectly untill now.

Anyone else having issues?

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 5 years 6 months ago #38531

• ROADSIDE
  • Fresh Boarder
This came up as an issue again recently. Apparently forms embedded in articles will no longer work, period. I've had to reconfigure the menu item as an RSForm menu item and put any explanatory/introductory text in the form itself. This was the instruction I received from the developer. Would be nice if this would be fixed, though.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 5 years 6 months ago #38554

• yolknet
  • Fresh Boarder
We encounter the problem as well since (I think) RSForm Pro 2.0.15. It looks like it's not in the system or content plugin, since their last update is months ago.
Hope this can be solved real quick, because otherwise we have to check all websites of our customers and disable the cache

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 5 years 3 months ago #38740

It´s a shame that this issue isn´t corrected yet! Thinking seriously in not using RSForms anymore.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 5 years 2 months ago #38836

• hello97
  • Fresh Boarder
It's a real issue, clients are more savvy about SEO and google rankings, they're be testing sites performance. We have created a site with 13 forms using modules.

We will now need to recreate these pages using the menu items to make this work. :(

Joomla caching is an out of the box requirement!

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 5 years 2 months ago #38837

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
I just encountered this again. The form seemed to work from the users POV, but there was no Thank You message, and the message was not saved in the DB. This is really bad and I wish someone from RSForm would come in and comment on the issue again. I will not use RSForm for any new sites, for the time being.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 6 months ago #39550

• jimhill10
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Did you get this issue corrected? We worked around it by several ways. We swapped out the built in Joomla cache system and replaced it with Jotcache. In Jotcache we configured the exclusion for com_rsform in the "Exclude URL" section of the Jotcache component. Under the "Exclude Location" section we excluded any module position in which we used an Rsform. Finally, since we use Sucuri we configured a "nocache" URL suffix and for every thank you page we just append the ?nocache to the existing URL of the thank you page set for each RsForm.
Jim Hill

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 5 months ago #39607

• 41global
  • Fresh Boarder
Any updates or workaround for this issue. I actually turned on cache for all my client sites last week and just found out this week through one of my clients that all forms are broken from the cache issue. I am going to turn off cache but really would prefer to have it enabled somehow. Thanks so much

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 5 months ago #39622

• yolknet
  • Fresh Boarder
@41global, which cache method do you use? There is the general Joomla cache, pagecache (also Joomla) or an extension for example.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 3 months ago #39735

• hello97
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, recently spent a half a day on this. I found the CacheControl solved the problem by adding the URL parameters in the plugins exclude URL box.

If you want to target a specific category you can use:
catid={number}
e.g:
catid=17

We have used this for SP Page Builder pages, Articles and Blog Categories.

option=com_content&view=category&layout=voci:blogvoci&id=17
option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=222

extensions.joomla.org/extension/core-enh...rmance/cachecontrol/

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 3 months ago #39736

• hello97
  • Fresh Boarder
Use CacheControl and target a category by its ID:

catid={number}
e.g:
catid=17

Re: RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 3 months ago #39737

• hello97
  • Fresh Boarder
Use CacheControl and target a category by its ID:

catid={number}
e.g:
catid=17

lausianne wrote:
The plugin CacheControl works for me with the standard setting option=com_content - but I assume that will disable caching on almost all pages. In the comments (reviews) of the plugin I found this comment:
"... enable it and add: event=submit and it fixes a long-term Chronoforms problem I was having."

Unfortunately RSForms, when submitted, will call the same page with no parameters, so this method cannot work. If RSForms added a parameter to the form action, perhaps that could be used to disable caching just for the response pages?

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 3 months ago #39738

• 41global
  • Fresh Boarder
It was the general joomla cache that I enabled but disabled after seeing it broke the forms.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 3 months ago #39777

• bay.paul
  • Junior Boarder
Yes this is a major issue. Any update on a fix inside RSForm?

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 4 years 3 months ago #39807

Any solution, please. :dry:

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 3 years 11 months ago #40118

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
"11 years 3 months ago"

This bug is so old, it should get a memorial, a true veteran of a bug ...

I just had to switch off caching on a client site because of this. Fortunately I remembered this issue. Interestingly, forms seem to have worked just fine for several months on this site, and only today it broke. What's going on?

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 3 years 11 months ago #40119

• hello97
  • Fresh Boarder
I think the only way of this working is to try the iframe which I will plan on doing during the lockdown

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 3 years 11 months ago #40122

• yolknet
  • Fresh Boarder
If you use the Joomla plugin Page Cache you can exclude the menu item where the form is active. An external cache extension like JotCache gives you more options to control. And also has an option to exclude components, so you can use forms everywhere.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 3 years 11 months ago #40123

• hello97
  • Fresh Boarder
Would jotcache exclude rsform modules?

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 3 years 11 months ago #40124

• yolknet
  • Fresh Boarder
Jotcache can exclude modules indeed, as mentioned on their website:
www.jotcomponents.net/home/web-programmi...-embedded-in-article
kbase.jotcomponents.net/jotcache/help/v40/exclusion

But a better solution: for excluding modules you don't need JotCache as it's one of the great features in Joomla. Open a module, go to the tab Advanced and change te option Caching to No Caching.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 3 years 1 month ago #41022

Didn´t works for me.
This is so annoying that i have now decided to gradually replace all rsforms on all my websites.

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 2 years 7 months ago #41502

Are there still the same cache problems with Joomla 4? Somebody knows it?

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 2 years 5 months ago #41645

• admin566
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes i have the same problem with Joomla 4!

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 2 years 5 months ago #41646

me too, so i can´t use rsforms anymore. :(

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 2 years 1 month ago #41952

• info5553
  • Fresh Boarder
Same here with LiteSpeed Cache. :(

I played for at least one hour with different settings/options (including completely excluding it), but the submission doesn't work (no errors in console, just a page reload).

LiteSpeed web server is likely the 3rd most used in the world and growing. :(

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 2 years 4 weeks ago #41963

• suas
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I tried the iframe solution given by HeliFly and it did worked with few amendments according to my requirements. I load the form in an iframe and add that iframe in custom html module and positioned it to my template position. I am using Nitropack services and it cache the full page so using module with cache disable or loadposition didn't work. But Iframe method worked.
<iframe src="index.php?option=com_rsform&view=rsform&formId=1&tmpl=component" height="450" width="1300" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

To redirect the user to thankyou page once form submitted I have added a tag, target="_parent" in Rsform Properties - Form attributes - Additional html attributes

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 1 year 6 months ago #42283

• maxgdias
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello guys.
I've been following this problem for quite some time.
I got today a perfect solution with caching performance with JCH 7.3.0
In this version the site loads super fast and the RSForms forms work perfectly.
Here are the prints of the configuration that worked for me.
Joomla + Yootheme Builder + JCHOptimize;
drive.google.com/file/d/1dEbRaTP6d5XuLrAV0T2Xr_nDtXUgOdvr/edit
drive.google.com/file/d/1_bSu5utKjUsIJl2UHRWJCdXkR3GdrJGF/edit
drive.google.com/file/d/1WXcm-JbP71Sc-bCpXRDy9pJgt8OZDPpQ
drive.google.com/file/d/1VzrcF6EACIYQd5NPOVRoHeoSkEn7Hyjw
The following user(s) said Thank You: semmerket, lausianne, info5553

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 8 months 1 day ago #42931

I have been fighting this for years. I just wrote a plugin that let's you turn off cache on individual modules.

Just click the green "code" button and select "download zip" to get an installable plugin...

github.com/interGen/Joomla-Module-No-Cache

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 7 months 3 weeks ago #42954

Or I could save the headache of creating a plugin and use the "No caching" feature that is part of Joomla 4 in the "Advanced" tab...

The following user(s) said Thank You: 41global

RSForms do not work when Caching is enabled 2 months 1 week ago #43246

• thelake
  • Fresh Boarder
It is still not working. Caching is not possible. What a shame for RSForm!!!!!!
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by thelake.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!