Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: reCAPTCHA v3

reCAPTCHA v3 5 years 5 months ago #38575

• info851
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Is there a timeline for implementation of reCAPTCHA v3 into RSFormPro! now that it is finally out of beta? I'd love to get rid of that checkbox on our forms.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrzej.bolewski, r.mulder, mark48, info0207, mail08

reCAPTCHA v3 5 years 2 months ago #38763

• mail14
  • Fresh Boarder
Would really like an answer to this post. I can't find any info on the Recaptcha V3 development.

reCAPTCHA v3 5 years 1 month ago #38854

• info7567
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
same here!
would love to kick out those stupid minigames.

reCAPTCHA v3 5 years 1 month ago #38865

• nvsdesign
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Same for me, I don't want the recaptcha to be visible on my websites

reCAPTCHA v3 5 years 1 month ago #38872

Me too! (Or three, or four!)

reCAPTCHA v3 5 years 2 weeks ago #39015

Hello,

I also will use the invisible captcha version. Don't want the images no more! In V2 plugin I only see the images or sound version.
Please update the RSForm plugin for the Google recaptcha!

Thanks
Kees

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 10 months ago #39184

• r.mulder
  • Fresh Boarder
V3 is a must have! V2 is not always the answer anymore preventing spam sadly.....

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 10 months ago #39185

• ejdarling
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Adding my voice. V2 is losing its effectiveness against spammers. It's time to implement invisible ReCaptcha in RSForm!Pro

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 10 months ago #39195

Please update the RSForm plugin for the Google recaptcha V3!

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 8 months ago #39373

• modernmagic
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
My client absolutely hates the fallback images of v2. I fear losing this client that basically pays my living expenses.... Please update this post so we know the status.

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 8 months ago #39378

• snewfeld
  • Fresh Boarder
I'd like to add my vote. reCAPTCHA 3 would be a great improvement for the current project I am working on.

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 8 months ago #39390

• josh97
  • Fresh Boarder
You have my vote too!

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 8 months ago #39404

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Same here. I'm not losing a client, currently, but still ... v3, please ...

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 7 months ago #39434

• BeNu
  • Fresh Boarder
+1 please

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 7 months ago #39435

• paul102
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I'd love to have the v3 too.

v2 is starting to be breached by bots now on one or two of our sites.

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 7 months ago #39471

• aim
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, this needs to be addressed. V3 support please.

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 6 months ago #39490

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

An invisible mode is available since March 2017 for reCAPTCHA v2. Your RSForm!Pro reCAPTCHA v2 integration plugin provides this invisible mode, which no longer includes the checkbox itself (the images may however appear if Google deems necessary, otherwise there's no need for any user input). Taken directly from Google reCAPTCHA v2 (Invisible reCAPTCHA badge):
The invisible reCAPTCHA badge does not require the user to click on a checkbox, instead it is invoked directly when the user clicks on an existing button on your site or can be invoked via a JavaScript API call. The integration requires a JavaScript callback when reCAPTCHA verification is complete. By default only the most suspicious traffic will be prompted to solve a captcha.

Note that there are different API keys required for the invisible reCAPTCHA v2; so when generating your keys, ensure that you do so for invisible v2 and have these keys placed within your RSForm!Pro configuration.

To enable the invisible mode, while editing your form, edit your reCAPTCHA v2 form element > Attributes > set "Size" to "Invisible" (of course, you'll need to make sure you've added according API keys).

reCAPTCHA v3 will not make v2 obsolete. Invisible v2 and v3 work very differently and v3 may not be suitable for all sites which means v2 will most likely continue to be used for a long time. An integration for reCAPTCHA v3 is however in our TO DO list for the future RSForm!Pro development.

As an alternate spam prevention, you can consider using the RSForm!Pro Akismet integration plugin or use the RSForm!Pro Joomla! Captcha integration plugin if you want to utilise your Joomla! captcha instead.

If you also have RSFirewall!, as a bonus, you can enable the "Protect forms from abusive IPs" feature (part of the RSFirewall! Active Scanner configuration).
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by adrianp. Reason: emphasizing
The following user(s) said Thank You: info851

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 6 months ago #39491

• info851
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
As adrianp has stated, we've been implementing the RSForm!Pro Joomla! Captcha integration plugin since Joomla added support for recaptcha v3. It works very well and blocks more spam than v2. Anyone who is still using v2 and wants to implement v3 should opt for using the Joomla captcha plugin instead of waiting for a form v3 plugin.

reCAPTCHA v3 4 years 6 months ago #39493

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
ReCAPTCHA 3.0 is NOT Invisible Recaptcha.

There are 3 types of Google Captchas:
- 2.0 which is the checkbox style - developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/display
- Invisible which only shows up when needed - developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible
- 3.0 which is more complicated and has to be used on the whole website for best results as it learns from the behavior of users and computes a score that you can use to check if a user is legitimate or a bot - developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3

Joomla! does not support (yet) 3.0 - it supports 2.0 and the Invisible mode.

If you are indeed talking about Invisible Recaptcha, please note that the RSForm! Pro v2 ReCAPTCHA Plugin has been supporting the Invisible mode before Joomla! did (as my colleague said - set "Size" to "Invisible" from the field's properties).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!