Plugin - Google reCAPTCHA 2.0 - No CAPTCHA (Spam protection)
The plugin can be downloaded by logging into our website using the account that holds the subscription and heading to Downloads >> My Downloads area.
Google recently released (this article was written on the 9th of December 2014) a more advanced version of reCAPTCHA, the No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA. The new technology included allows for a simplified user experience that requires much less interaction from human users, only enforcing the verifications (which got some radical improvements that we'll be presenting further along in this article) if it automatically detects a bot.
What it's all about
Everything in web design seems to be heading towards simplifying the user experience. The old, well-known reCAPTCHA Antispam was very effective for a long enough time but there are two main reasons for which it has become obsolete:
- Security-wise, it is no longer suitable (Google states that their recent research shows that modern AI can detect, with a 99.8% accuracy, distorted text and images)
- The user experience would get slowed down by the need to always type in the codes necessary to submit forms
The new No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA includes advanced bot detection algorithms and will only enable the verifications if suspicious activity is detected. It includes both the old method of typing in scrambled text, and a brand-new one in which you will be presented with an image and select, from a listing, the images that are associated with it (for example, if you are shown an image of a cat, you will need to select all images of cats from the listing).
RSForm!Pro and No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA
RSForm!Pro keeps up with the latest trends in spam prevention by including a plugin that provides the possibility to add a No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA field to any RSForm!Pro form.
Download and Install
Download the plugin
Or you can get the plugin from our website, in the Downloads — My Downloads section. Once you get there, click on the view all plugins and modules button associated with the RSForm!Pro license — RSForm!Pro Files — Plugins — Google No Captcha ReCAPTCHA v2 Plugin for Joomla! 3.x.
Installing it is done through the default Joomla! Extension Manager, the article linked below will guide you through the whole process:
After installing make sure to go to Extensions — Plugins and publish the "System - RSForm! Pro reCAPTCHA v2" plugin!
After installing and enabling the plugin you will see, in Components — RSForm!Pro — Configuration that a new tab was added, reCAPTCHAv2:
Three configuration parameters are required:
- Site Key: You can get this by registering your domain on the Google reCAPTCHA account
- Secret Key: You can get this by registering your domain on the reCAPTCHA account
- Language: Auto (Detected by Google) / Site (Joomla! language) - Translate the No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA field in the language used in the frontend. Either let Google detect the language, or use the Joomla! setting.
- If you are an old reCAPTCHA user, there's no need to generate new keys for your domain, you can simply use the old reCAPTCHA Public and Private keys.
- If you're new to reCAPTCHA, use this link to get a reCAPTCHA account (Google account is required).
The Form Field
To add a No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA field to your form, head to Components — RSForm!Pro — Manage Forms — edit your form — Components — scroll down to reCAPTCHA v2 and click on it. The field includes the following configuration tabs:
- Name: Type in an internal name for the field
- Caption: Type in the field's caption. This will be visible in the frontend
- Description: Type in a description for the field. Also visible in the frontend
- Validation Message: Provide a validation message that will be displayed if the field fails validation
- Theme: Light / Dark - Choose a visual theme for the field
- Type: Image / Audio - Choose a verification method
- Additional Attributes: Here you can add additional HTML attributes for the input field
17 persons found this article helpful.