Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Mobile displays Chinese type character for icons

Mobile displays Chinese type character for icons 9 years 4 months ago #29656

• weredigi
  • Fresh Boarder
Using RSSocial On desk top all is fine but using RSSocial on mobile the social icons are in I believe Chinese characters? How is this corrected I see no language settings in the module
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mobile displays Chinese type character for icons 9 years 3 months ago #29916

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Please provide a working URL to where this issue is happening so we can take a closer look.
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

Mobile displays Chinese type character for icons 9 years 2 months ago #30320

Have you had any success with this? I just installed this mod and went through and entered which icons I wanted to use, published and it showed the correct icons. I then refreshed the page and now I'm seeing the Chinese like characters. I've searched this issue and I only see one other that has had this issues.

Any ideas?

Mobile displays Chinese type character for icons 9 years 2 months ago #30328

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
firststreetmusic wrote:
Have you had any success with this? I just installed this mod and went through and entered which icons I wanted to use, published and it showed the correct icons. I then refreshed the page and now I'm seeing the Chinese like characters. I've searched this issue and I only see one other that has had this issues.

Any ideas?

Since weredigi didn't manage to post a link so we can have a look maybe you can. We need to have a look at this to be able to provide some help. This is most likely an encoding or font related issue.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Mobile displays Chinese type character for icons 8 years 3 months ago #33832

I have exactly the same problem! This started out of nowhere, and I'm not having any success in finding out the cause - some sort of issue with the icon font, I guess...? Any help would be much appreciated. For example, see the foot of this page

Mobile displays Chinese type character for icons 6 years 2 months ago #37806

• info9607
  • Fresh Boarder
I have sort of the same problem. A fraction of a second I see chinese characters and then I see the logo's.
Why is this?

Kind regards,

Jan Buskens

Mobile displays Chinese type character for icons 5 years 2 weeks ago #39007

Same issue here... (www.whitecliffsofmalle.be/index.php) Any ideas? Thanks!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!