Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Adding user profile fields to the entry display

Adding user profile fields to the entry display 8 years 6 months ago #32689

• erwin1
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Problem: When viewing a RSDirectory entry, I want to be able to display other fields of the author's USER profile other than the auther's NAME or USERNAME field. For example, their address, city, postal code, etc, found under the USER MANAGER for that user.

Solution: Don't have one yet. I have researched the RSJoomla forums and it can't be found. What I am currently working on is being able to add custom fields to the User Profile by creating a custom plugin. I see now that this can be done. However, I need a way of pulling any core fields OR custom fields from the User Profile into the entry display under RSDirectory.

Can anyone help with this or point me in the right direction? Basically my client want to be able to allow special members of his site to post ads for various items. But want a way for regular visitors to contact the author by phone or any other method OTHER than the Contact form already provided by RSDirectory.

Since we already invested money into this extension, I was trying to avoid seeking another extension just to do ads.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adding user profile fields to the entry display 8 years 6 months ago #32694

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
You can actually do this via template overrides, or edit the RSDirectory! helper function that controls the "meta" information (this includes the author information as well).

More on template overrides here:
https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsdirectory/getting-started/performing-template-overrides.html

You will have to create one for the default_details.php layout.

The helper function (getEntryMeta()) i am referring to is located here:

administrator/components/com_rsdirectory/helpers/rsdirectory.php

PS: I doubt that you will be able to find that would fit your exact needs 100%. Some adjustments will always be required. Displaying more author related information has nothing to do with doing "ads".
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: erwin1

Adding user profile fields to the entry display 8 years 6 months ago #32698

• erwin1
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Alexp!

I will give this a try! But you are 100% correct in your last statement. I've been researching this for 2 nights and what my client want is definitely outside the norm of a regular ad and how they function.But, he's willing to pay. I wish you had a contractor department! :-)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!