Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Contact Author window not working :S

Contact Author window not working :S 9 years 1 month ago #30756

Hiya,

seem to have a little functioning problem with rsdirectory, on a listing, when selecting "contact author" it doesnt do anything. It just dims the screen

any help would be much appreciated

kind regards
luke

www.tradecourses.co.uk/jmltc/index.php/s...an-4-weeks-sheffield

this is the link
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Contact Author window not working :S 9 years 1 month ago #30772

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
As far as I can see, the contact author modal window is working as intended. Have you fixed your issue?
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

Contact Author window not working :S 9 years 1 month ago #30790

Hi,

I had the same problems. Pop up windows were making the whole screen dark so I found that if I changed some css code the contact author form comes back to life.

.modal-backdrop {
position: inherit;
top: 0;
right: 0;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
z-index: 1040;
background-color: #000;
}

Position was "fixed" as default. I'd like to know how others fixed the issue and if this is the right way to do it?

Regards

Contact Author window not working 9 years 6 days ago #31114

• STRAK
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there - My website www.aussiepickers.com.au had the same problem. Without changing any of the css I was able to diagnose that it was one of the add-on modules that was causing the issue.

I first checked to see if this was a template issue. PS I am running the default joomla 3.4. I am also using the kallyas template but I reverted and set the default template to Beez3 to first check if it was a template issue and still no joy. When I followed the instructions to change the background or the opacity from 0.8 to 0 I can see the fields but cannot enter anything. When I clicked on any of the fields to enter information it just closes the window.

Next step in the diagnosis - unpublished all modules and test. It worked. Then I reverted to the template I wanted to use and tested again - it worked. Then I went through systematically and re-enabled each of the modules I was using to see what module causes the conflict.

I discovered that it was a login module that I set up called sclogin. Not an essential part of the site so simply uninstalled and went with the standard joomla login module.

Good luck - hope this helps anyone with the same prob.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!