Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSDirectory! approval method

RSDirectory! approval method 10 years 3 months ago #26090

I'm wanting to know what the approval process is for RSDirectory. I've been attempting to look through documentation but haven't found a clear definition for it.

How does it work exactly? Is there a way to allow an administrator to approve the postings before they appear? Also, is there a way where the posts can be listed for free?

I'm quite impressed with the overall features but wonder where I can read up on the approval process for new ads.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RSDirectory! approval method 10 years 3 months ago #26093

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

RSDirectory! works using the standard Joomla! user groups, to which, you can setup different permissions as explained here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/937-groups.html

If the user group has the "Entries are automatically published" option disabled, the entries submitted by them(no matter what the price value of the entry is, even free) will require moderation from an administrator before they can be viewed from the frontend.

As for your second question, the component uses a credit system to which you can configure forms you have setup(that are used to submit entries) to cost or not credits per form fields. Basically you can have forms that submit entries without any credit costs or forms which certain fields deduce the user's credits.

More information on this topic can be found in the following articles:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...credit-packages.html
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...ticle/939-forms.html
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...206-field-types.html
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!