Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Shouldn't Directory have Cities to Filter Area?

Shouldn't Directory have Cities to Filter Area? 10 years 4 months ago #26003

I really don't know why Your Component have no City to filter the area for visitors.

No matter what visitors found that they interest, they will leave your site because its not nearby.

What is the points? Check on Craigslist simple website with simple function.

Should have a module that list all the city automatically base on what advertiser enter in the city field.

Also, homepage is using List Categories. and the option for top level category is force to show hide. Because if i set yes it will show a word Root.

Onces i click the vehicle category (demo have 3 entry).
it show list of 3 entry with image and some description. That will cause the page with long scroll down if i have a lot of entry.
Is there a option that i can change this to a list layout. show all info after click on that entry?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shouldn't Directory have Cities to Filter Area? 10 years 3 months ago #26009

• silviup
  • Thank you received: 49
RSDirectory! includes both a map field and the Map radius search menu item, which can be used to implement a functionality similar to what you have described.

- Using the Map field, you can specify a location for an entry. You can read more on this topic here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...article/978-map.html

- The Map radius search menu item allows you to select a location and specify a radius in which the component will search for entries (that have a location specified in a Map type of field). It can also be configured to only allow searching for entries that belong to certain pre-selected categories. You can read more about it here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...t-in-menu-items.html

Also, the component includes the Filtering module which, in combination with the Searchable feature which is available for all field types, can be used to search, for example, by the items specified for a select field (checkbox/radio group or dropdown) as countries. You can read more on this topic here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...iltering-module.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Shouldn't Directory have Cities to Filter Area? 10 years 3 months ago #26029

Ok, i got it solved by using a module filter to select area.

How about the layout for each categories? can it be list layout instead a blog layout?
It feel like wasted space if i have 50 entress.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!