Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: [Solved] How to disable price for certain forms

[Solved] How to disable price for certain forms 10 years 4 months ago #25868

Is it possible to disable the price field for certain forms? All core fields are readonly, so I can't figure out how to deactivate price for a particular type of form/list.
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by dmichaels.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to disable price for certain forms 10 years 4 months ago #25882

• kyrsh39
  • Fresh Boarder
According to RS's documentation for this, price is one of the core fields and cannot be removed. It's added to every form. Playing with the Admin, it doesn't look like you can uncheck any of the forms these core fields are in, so my guess is NO, you can't remove it. It appears to be a core/required field. :(

That is really a shame. I would've loved to use this for my equine website directory. However, price is not needed for businesses, clubs, farms and stallion listings and would look silly shown at $0.00. It would work great for a classified ad component.

My feeling is, this is not really a "directory", but more geared towards a classified ad component. The name is a little misleading. I would love to see RS change that from a required field to optional.

This looks like a great component, and I was excited to see it come out. But...when I saw that price field, I knew it wouldn't work for my directory. I will however, try it when/if I add a classifieds section to my site. Their Form!Pro is awesome.

Hope that helps (RS, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Michelle

How to disable price for certain forms 10 years 4 months ago #25892

OK, much easier than I was making it. You can turn on/off the price via the layout tab of the form properties.

[Solved] How to disable price for certain forms 10 years 4 months ago #25930

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

Both assumptions are correct:

- you cannot remove the price field(being a core field, it cannot be removed from the form):

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/938-fields.html

- you can indeed hide the price on the entry listing page and on the details page(via the Layout tab of the form):

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...ticle/939-forms.html

This way you can have separate sections based on forms/categories in which certain entries can have a price, while others won't.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kyrsh39

[Solved] How to disable price for certain forms 9 years 5 months ago #29351

• andrew3
  • Fresh Boarder
It's a shame that fields can't be optional, I have a freecycle listings category where people can give away their items for free as a way of recycling. It makes the form rather confusing for people when they are faced with a Price box in the form.

Also, I don't want the Images field.
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by andrew3.

[Solved] How to disable price for certain forms 9 years 5 months ago #29412

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

RSDirectory! functionality was updated and improved over time. Currently only 'Title' and 'Publishing Period' are mandatory (you can also have unlimited publishing periods). More details on core fields here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/938-fields.html

Component changelog:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...e/204-changelog.html

@andrew3: you can have a form to submit entries that doesn't have a price or image fields.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!