Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 8 years 22 hours ago #34869

Hi everybody!

My Joomla 3.5.1 contact settings are working fine and the original joomla contact form perfectly working. But messages are not being sent using RSContact 1.1.6 or 1.1.7... no error message, just get an animated looping icon over the send button and don't send the message. Same is happneing with other contact form extensions, since Joomla 3.5.1, they just dont work.

Is anybody having the same issue? Does anyone knows how to solve it?
Is RSForm Pro having the same issue?

By now I am using "Components Anywere" from NoNumber extensions. Just trying to fit the original Joomla contact component to a module and adjust the CSS for it! That will work, but I would really prefer to use RSContact.

Any Ideas???

Thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 7 years 10 months ago #35203

Same is happening for me. I had RSContact 1.1.5 and it was throwing an error "invalid email" ever since I updated my Joomla from 3.5.0 to 3.5.2. So I updated RSContact (even though Joomla! did not know there was an update--LAME!!!) to version RSContact 1.1.5. Now there is no error, Yay! But the email never gets sent. Boo!

This whole thing seems pretty amateurish. I thought RSJoomla made better products than this. Time to rethink...

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 7 years 10 months ago #35205

I tried to use an alternative contact form JV-Contact and it didn't work at all either. Still looking.

RSContact does not work Need something that works - today.

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 7 years 10 months ago #35206

This is entertaining. All of my replies are being deleted from this forum. Could it be because I am not upbeat about RSContact?

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 7 years 10 months ago #35207

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Or, could it be because first posts are manually approved to prevent spam - I'm sure you've noticed the message explaining exactly this when submitting your 3 replies to this topic that didn't appear straight away. It's not like we're here 24/24 deleting content we don't like.

Nevertheless, I can see that your issue has nothing to do with RSContact! since emails are not working on your website. Maybe you should first make sure emails are indeed working on your Joomla! website.

I'm really upset about your comments that RSContact! feels "amateurish" - this is a product that we're offering for free, that took manpower and hours to make just so you could have a contact form on your Joomla! website.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: 8ffd0329cba0c99e383ee6dab296b0fa

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 7 years 8 months ago #35652

Its not amateurish. It works perfect in the past. However, with Joomla 3.5.2, the latest rscontact 1.1.7 is not working. E-mails are not send and it seems there are no responses to this issue at all in the forums so we can not know if there will be a fix. I install this by default in client websites, but now its not working on any website anymore. So unfortunately i have to look for another module to get contactforms working again.

Best regards, M

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 7 years 8 months ago #35653

• octavian
Latest version of Joomla! right now is 3.6.2 - I've just tested RSContact! and everything works fine - form was submitted, email was sent to both the form submitter and my admin email account.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 7 years 8 months ago #35657

Sorry, i meant 3.6.2.

But in that case, my opinion is wrong. Than it seems that all the templates i use (from different high quality providers) are having a conflict with rscontact ;-)

Best regards, M

RSContact 1.1.7 not working in Joomla 3.5.1 7 years 8 months ago #35659

• octavian
I don't see the connection between what template you're using and email sending; if the page refreshes, then yes you have a Javascript error (in all cases caused by another extension loading a different version of jQuery instead of using Joomla!'s own) - email sending is done through AJAX and the page shouldn't refresh.
If the page is not refreshing, then the AJAX request works and the email should be sent. If it's not sent, you can debug your installation by following these steps most of which apply to RSContact! as well:
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...-not-being-sent.html
Regards,
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by octavian.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!