Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Problème with accents in subject mails

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 5 months ago #32904

• ziigmund
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I use RSContact, everything is working well, except.... the subject of the sent email does not support accent.
Any help ?

Thanks a lot
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 5 months ago #32905

• bogdan.tataru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
I have tested the module according to your description and it appears that is working as intended and the subject supports accents. This issue is most likely generated by your email client or by the encoding of your subject text(if you copied the subject from a text file). Also make sure you're using the latest version of the module. You can download the latest version of the module from our website by heading to Downloads > Free Downloads > RSContact!.
My help is not official customer support. To receive assistance, submit a ticket by clicking here

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 5 months ago #32906

• ziigmund
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for your answer.
I'll try to give you more details.
I've uptaded the module, same problems with accents in subject (and I lost the message that says the email has been sent on the front-end).

Right now I've just tested with a subject like this : "Inscription Compétition : {salut-form} {first-name} {last-name} {fullname} - {cf1}"

I don't have any problem with "compétition" on iPhone, but on laptop I have problems.

And if "{salut-form} {first-name} {last-name} {fullname} - {cf1}" has accent, it doesn't display well.

This is the subject I get on my laptop application (mail): "=?utf-8?Q?Inscription_Comp=C3=A9tition_:_Mme._jé rô mé _?= Millier - Compé tition 2"

Hope this helps for you

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 4 months ago #32946

• ziigmund
  • Fresh Boarder
Any news please ?

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 4 months ago #32948

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
We have tested this and the problem is not generated by RSContact!. This is most likely generated by an email client issue (most likely it isn't using an UTF-8 encoding).

You can test this by generating emails with a different application and see how it goes.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 4 months ago #32949

• ziigmund
  • Fresh Boarder
I'll try.
Are you talking about the email settings in the configuration of joomla ?

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 4 months ago #32950

• alexp
No, i am referring to the encoding used by your email client (the application that you are using to open / view emails).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 4 months ago #32951

• ziigmund
  • Fresh Boarder
But it does the same on all devices I'm using...(iPhone, laptop with "mail" and also web app)

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 4 months ago #32952

• alexp
In an earlier post you mentioned that it is fine on your iPhone...

Given that you and i are using the same source code, but getting different results, two scenarios are possible:

- your configuration (perhaps you are pasting the text from a different source and it incorporates a different encoding)

- your email client.

Though we don't normally do this, you can submit a support ticket (with access information) and i will have a closer look at this.
Regards,

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 4 months ago #32953

• ziigmund
  • Fresh Boarder
On IPhone I don't have problems with the word written in hard (like "compétition")
(Sorry I don't know how to explain in english...)

But I use shortcuts like " {salut-form} {first-name} {last-name} {fullname} - {cf1}" in the email options in subject... I get troubles on every devices.
So when getting the text for {....}, encoding is not compatible, right ?

Problème with accents in subject mails 8 years 4 months ago #32954

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 110
Can you please try using the latest 1.1.5 version?
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rscontact/changelog.html

Based on our tests, we indeed identified an issue - the email subject was being HTML encoded, and when using double quotes:
"This text is using double quotes"

Would get transformed into an HTML entity in the subject of the email:
"This text is using double quotes"

However, the subject you've provided:
=?utf-8?Q?Inscription_Comp=C3=A9tition_:_Mme._jé rô mé _?= Millier - Compé tition 2
Is actually a (partly) valid subject - the only thing wrong with it is that it's not decoded or has been altered (and decoding didn't occur).

Because the subject is using Unicode characters, it's encoded using the MIME encoded-word syntax: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME#Encoded-Word. Somewhere along the way the subject seems to have been altered (the first é is correctly encoded in the form of C3=A9, while the next Unicode characters are not encoded).
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!