Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Error in receiving e-mail text

Error in receiving e-mail text 8 years 11 months ago #31281

• info4189
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone,

Next to RSFormPro I also use RSContact. This works like a charm but I got a minor problem.

The content of the form is being sent to both the client and the webmaster. Only in the mail to the client there is an error. The text says “This e-mail could not been send to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The client however has received the mail only with this wrong line of text.

Is there anybody who recognizes this and what can be done to solve this?

Best Regards,

D
The topic has been locked.

Error in receiving e-mail text 8 years 11 months ago #31283

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Can you post a screenshot of your current email related settings ?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Error in receiving e-mail text 8 years 11 months ago #31297

• info4189
  • Fresh Boarder
Screenshots are posted at:
www.dropbox.com/s/rkztzjlsffjzleo/RSContact.jpg?dl=0 (email related settings)
www.dropbox.com/s/4avenyp7lz233p3/RSContact2.jpg?dl=0 (email send to user of form)

For obvious reasons I have blurred the personal info of the receiver.
I use the dutch translation of RSContact. I hope that is not a problem.

Error in receiving e-mail text 8 years 8 months ago #32002

Hi
I have the same issue. It happens with my contact form configured to send a confirmation email to ghe sender, one to ghe webmaster and at the same time in BCC to another webmaster with a different address

Thanks!

AG

Error in receiving e-mail text 8 years 8 months ago #32004

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue, that is the sender of the form is not receiving the email with copy of the form contents. The web master is instead receiving it correctly.

You can see the form here

<html>elementotango.it/contattaci.html</html>

The sender is indeed receiving an email, but it's contents is:

"This email could not be sent to {email of the sender}..." And after fhis text, there is the actual contents of the form!

Thanks for your support.

AG

Error in receiving e-mail text 8 years 8 months ago #32007

• alexp
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Error in receiving e-mail text 8 years 8 months ago #32008

Hi Alex thanks, however I want to make sure I explain well what the issue is.
First, I experience it with RSContact, not RSForms Pro, I would recommend you access the page at www.elementotango.it/contattaci.html and try it out, as you will receive back an email with the error text in it.

Assume you populate the form there with your own email, say This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

After submitting it, you DO receive an email back from the server, so this means it is configured correctly, and the form IS able to send emails, but the email contains a text saying that the email could not be sent :-) and you will ack this is impossible :-)

I tried submitting the form using senders' email domains like @gmail.com and @alice.it with the same result.

I tried configuring in the general joomla options, different webmasters email addresses again from gmail and from the same elementotango.it domain, but no luck.

Thanks !

Regards AG

Error in receiving e-mail text 8 years 8 months ago #32009

• alexp
You should use the RSContact! forum category:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/forum/rscontact.html
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!