Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Upcoming events mod. Link an article on the title.

Upcoming events mod. Link an article on the title. 4 years 2 months ago #39814

Hi,
I'm new around here and I need to link to the title of each event, in the upcoming events module, an article from my site (always different).
I wrote to support and they told me that I can override if I clearly have PHP knowledge.
Having no knowledge, I tried to modify the default.php file in the modules / mod_rseventspro_upcoming / tmpl but I can't do what I want.

Can anyone help me write the code to enter to do this?

Thanks
:dry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upcoming events mod. Link an article on the title. 4 years 2 months ago #39854

• bogdan.tataru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Hello,

In order to achieve this, you will have to perform a template override for the default.php file under the following location:

\components\modules\mod_rseventspro_upcoming\tmpl

and use a syntax as the following in order to retrieve the URL added in the Web field:

echo $event->URL;

Your final syntax should be as the following:

<a <?php echo $open; ?> href="<?php echo $event->URL; ?>"><?php echo $event->name; ?></a>

You can perform an additional check to see if the Web field is empty and if it is, then you can leave the default event URL instead.
My help is not official customer support. To receive assistance, submit a ticket by clicking here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!