Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Amazing how little flexibility offered.

Amazing how little flexibility offered. 8 years 10 months ago #31344

• badimba
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Currently working on a project where I'd like to cross refence some of the events in our system.
Immediately went to list of modules to see if I could filter events on a day or date and call those into content through a plugin...Nope!

You have a limited choice of modules to use:
  • Featured
  • Archived
  • Upcoming
  • Popular

Admittedly some of these modules have some filtering tools or configuration options but not useful cummulative options like:
  • Category +
  • Date range +
So then I thought RSEvents content plugin, surely they will offer config paramters so that you can craft the output of events...Nope!

You have a "Fixed" choice of:
  • Per ID

Unbelievable. When companies like Yootheme and Rocketheme are providing 'FOR FREE' swiss-army tools like Widgetkit and Roksprocket.
Suggestion 1: To provide another module that allows for flexible filtering of events through various paramaters
Suggestion 2: To expand the plugin to allow additional selection options (Cat ID, Tag etc)
Suggestion 3: Refactor all the modules into ONE with all the existing config paramaters the others provide and cummulative filtering

That would be improvement, that would be useful.
Off to build my own.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by badimba.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Amazing how little flexibility offered. 8 years 10 months ago #31349

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
I agree with you on this one. Improvements can be made.

I have added this on our TO DO list and a similar module will be released in our next RSEvents!Pro revision. The content plugin will be addressed as well.

If you take a look at the component changelog, you will notice that we are constantly improving and adding new features for RSEvents!Pro.

We are constantly requesting feedback and encouraging feature requests through our blogand feedback section.

Thanks!
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: badimba

Amazing how little flexibility offered. 8 years 10 months ago #31350

• badimba
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Alex,
Thanks for reply. I'm enthused by the fact that you guys listen. Most times users are fobbed off or ignored.

Here are some other useability suggestions:
  1. Stop using "Now" for start end times in Admin UI for a new event (allow a default start like 09:00)
  2. Change the Category filter in search to a drop down select (how do NEW visitors know what category they are looking for?
  3. Provide 'Option' to autofill meta page title & desc with event title and desc
  4. Provide config of default contact details for events (Maybe in Category UI?)
  5. Provide 'Option' to allow filter of selected category in menu item ui to include sub-categories
  6. Allow for setting default "Frontend" params from Category (Bit like K2 Category View Item)
  7. Provide Option in Search module for Geo Search only (Allows for a What's on near you?" module)
  8. Allow Admins to save an event as template for persistent re-use
  9. Option to append 'Town' to Location Name (Maybe in brackets)
  10. Reduce width of Label for checkboxes in Event Details (Stops accidentally selecting an option when trying to come out of date popup or field)
  11. Allow event image select from server files (Including a cropped version for re-use in other events)

Just some ideas to overcome annoyances, I've found, using RSEvents for a large charity. I've overcome some of these with my own hacks or overrides but I think others would find some/most of these useful.

Cheers
Gary
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by badimba. Reason: tidyup
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexp, villykou

Amazing how little flexibility offered. 8 years 10 months ago #31365

• villykou
  • Fresh Boarder
I would add the following:
Provide global settings for frontend showing fields of an event
Give a choise of information displayed at the tooltip
Create an event using RSForms

regards

Amazing how little flexibility offered. 8 years 10 months ago #31429

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
As promised: an improved content plugin and a flexible events module:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/324-rseventspro-events-module.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!