Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Uninstall?

Uninstall? 11 years 1 month ago #22137

• keith4
  • Fresh Boarder
HI,

I seem to be having problems after downloading some updates and modules, these are:

1. Calender module won't click forward
2. Create event gives 505 error when clicking on create event in nav bar for registered members but works for admin
3. when creating event in backend admin the event shows on jomsocial activities but when anyone clicks on event link a pop up requests login to admin (www.festivaldiaries.com/members) and you'll see.

Other than that great , works as should and with RSforms is even better.
But I need these to work so thinking should I uninstall all, component, plug ins and modules for it and start again>
I know it shouldnt delete any events but thought I would ask before doing so!

Cheers
Keith
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Uninstall? 11 years 1 month ago #22140

• silviup
  • Thank you received: 49
1. Try using a default Joomla! template and check if the calendar module is functioning correctly. If this is the case, contact your template developer as the issue is being caused by the template, not by our component.

If the issue persists, please submit a ticket to our customer support department regarding this matter:

www.rsjoomla.com/support.html

2. Make sure that the group the user account you are testing this with belongs to has enough permissions set up in the 'Groups' tab, namely 'Users in this group can post events' must be set yo 'Yes'.

3. This should not have happened with events created from the backend. We have corrected this issue and updated the package, please download the latest revision from our website and install it over the old one in your Joomla! installation, this will act as an update.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by silviup.

Uninstall? 11 years 1 month ago #22157

• keith4
  • Fresh Boarder
I downloaded all the latest versions of the component, plug ins and modules and yes all works fine, except two things.

1. I have given permissions in the groups under settings for people to create events when signed in but, and this is probably a setting outside RSevents, but when a sign in user creates an event it the admin pop up box appears for them to sign in to backend, (I have the admin directory password protected).
Clicking cancel on the pop up clears the box away and the user can create event and save it.
2. I still have the same thing happen if anyone tries to click on an event that is in the jomsocial activity feed on the members front page.

I posted this here as I believe this is not the components fault but a setting I may have in joomla, but hopefully an answer here will help others if they have similar in the future.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!