Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: What a mess!

What a mess! 11 years 4 months ago #20574

Hi Just purchased this component, and while it works well, the front end is a real mess to look at! The date picker is all over the place, many of the labels do not match the boxes and overlap in strange ways. Can the component not use something simple like JQueryUI? I can't get the 'Add events' javascript to work on the front end without totally disabling all other javascript, including JQuery, which renders the rest of my site useless.

When testing the 'create event', cancelling the operation doesn't actually cancel it, it still creates the event. So now my site is full of half-created events.

In the event, the Jomsocial plugin doesn't create a link to the user's profile that created the event.

The Jomsocial plugin has a really ugly title on the Profile page. It displays 'RSEvents!Pro - JomSocial plugin', which will be meaningless to users. I can't find any language file setting which can override this to something more user friendly.

Not a very satisfactory first experience.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What a mess! 11 years 4 months ago #20586

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello Joe,

If your frontend does not look like the one in our demo (http://events.rsjoomla.com) then it might be caused by your template or other extensions that you might have installed - you say you need jQuery disabled for this to work. This means that you are using an extension that is loading jQuery without the jQuery.noConflict() mode. By using jQuery without the noConflict() mode, the MooTools library (that's embedded with every Joomla! installation and needs to work properly) is overwritten by jQuery. RSEvents! Pro, just like Joomla!, uses MooTools instead of jQuery (because it's already available and doesn't break anything). Any Joomla! developer that uses jQuery with their extension is forced to use the noConflict() mode in order to maintain compatibility with MooTools, so this is not something specific to RSEvents! Pro. If you submit a support ticket we'll be happy to identify what extension is causing this on your website.
Events need to be created in the database (they won't be shown unless an event has all the required fields completed) so that all the other features (registration, tickets) work (they need an event to be attached to, so the event must be created first). There's also a setting that deletes automatically these "pending" events ("Settings" > "Events" tab > set "Enable removal of incomplete events" to "Yes" and specify the number of minutes in the "Delete incomplete events after" textbox).
Regarding JomSocial, JomSocial actually displays the name of the plugin - in Joomla! 1.5 there was an easy way to rename it to anything you like, but in 2.5 this feature has been inexplicably dropped. Upon a Google Search, you can find out how to rename a 2.5 plugin by reading this article.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

What a mess! 11 years 1 month ago #22271

• ski6969
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same issue. The front end submission is not working at all like the back end. Back-end seems to working fine. On the back-end I get the pop ups to let me know that required fields are not filled out properly and confirmation of event submissions. It is not working at all like this on front-end. After hitting the "Update Event" button nothing happens and the "Cancel" button does not work at all...

Also, email moderation is not working on front end....

I am running Joomla 1.5.26 with the required PHP etc...

Help would be greatly appreciated!

THanks

What a mess! 11 years 1 month ago #22277

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Have you tried the suggestions above?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!