Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Pre-sales questions

Pre-sales questions 11 years 7 months ago #18837

• Stoermer
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

I am trying to determine if RSEvents Pro is right for my application.

Here are some of the areas I am unsure about:
1) Approved users generating their own events (my intention is for networking groups, chambers of commerce, etc) to promote their events on my site. I want to approve the users, but then it is up to them to manage their own listings. I do not want anyone unapproved to add an event.
2) Facebook integration. For attendees to be able to login with their facebook accounts, to say they are going, as well as for users to link their facebook created events back to my calendar, or promote their events back on their FB accounts.
3) I am not planning on doing the registrations for their events, however, this may be a service I would like to add later. If so, I would take a cut of ticket sales through the site, or charge them a per-event listing fee that covers their registration.
4) I would like attendees to subscribe to updates for new events that meet their criteria (state, county, event type, event cost, etc) then I would autopublish an email on a weekly (or as-needed) basis that I could customize with "featured" events, localized ads, etc.
5) Have them be sent reminders to hype up the event prior to the event, as well as rate the event after the fact
6) It would be nice if people can see a list of potential attendees to a given event (though attendees should be able to opt out showing their interest)
7) Attendees should be able to download events and integrate into their smartphone and other calendars (google, outlook, etc).
8) Geolocation of visitors to show them local events first
9) If no Geolocation, then a filter view should remember the users preferences upon return visits (if a visitor only wants to see events happening in their state and county or two, it should show them first).

Thanks for your help in advance.

Pete
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pre-sales questions 11 years 7 months ago #18846

• silviup
  • Thank you received: 49
Hello,

1. Within RSEvents!Pro you can create several user groups with different permissions assigned to them, such as allowing users to create events, edit them, delete them, subscribe to events or cancel their registration.

You can read more on that topic here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/688-groups.html

2. RSEvents!Pro does have Facebook integration on certain levels, as Facebook comments or the Facebook "Like" button, but does not integrate logging in with your Facebook account. However, our components are not encrypted and you are free to modify them in any way that suits your needs. Please note that RSJoomla does not provide customizations. It should be noted that there are some specialized third party plugins that can provide such synchronizations (log in with your Facebook.com account).

3. There are several payment methods integrated with RSEvents!Pro (2CO, Authorize.net and PayPal) but separating the payment between two partyes is not a listed RSEvents!Pro feature. You can try using this in combination with a membership component. For example RSMembership!. You could implement it like this: if the user registers to a RSMembership! memebrship, he will be allowed to add events for a limited period of time. The drawback is that you can't impose how many events he will be allowed to create - just a time frame in which he can create them.

4. RSEents!Pro does have a frontend events search function. Users can define a search criteria based on event name, description, location, category and tags, but cannot opt for receiving personalised notification e-mails based on that criteria. As a workaround you can simply publish RSS feeds on event listing areas.

5. A wide array of notification e-mails can be sent with RSEvents!Pro. You can read more on this topic here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...le/690-settings.html

6. In order to achieve this you can use the Attendees module (attendees can also be directly embeded within the event details page). You can read more about it here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...ttendees-module.html

7. RSEvents!Pro can export an event to an ics format (works with iCal and Outlook for example).

8. There is no geolocation integrated that would be assigned to event subscribers, you can only add a map location for the events.

9. The users can search events by location, but there is no function that will remember their selections integrated.

You can test our component here:

events.rsjoomla.com/administrator
events.rsjoomla.com

The complete RSEvents!Pro component documentation is available here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...170-rseventspro.html

Regards!
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!