Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: categories with different group permissions

categories with different group permissions 10 years 8 months ago #24181

• neptunia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hello,

i want to use my blog with several categories but need to have special group permissions for each category. means members of group a can only publish articles in category a. and members of group b can only publish articles in category b.

is that possible an how?
thanks for your help!
claudia
The administrator has disabled public write access.

categories with different group permissions 10 years 8 months ago #24182

• silviup
  • Thank you received: 49
This can be set up with RSBlog!, and is being configured per user group. Head to Components >> RSBlog! >> Groups >> edit a group >> select the categories in which you wish to allow the users to add blogposts to in the 'Allowed categories' field. More on this topic here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/507-groups.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

categories with different group permissions 10 years 6 months ago #24776

• neptunia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you, but I still have problems with the configuration.

When I add a Joomla group to a RSBlog group, it's not possible for a user of this RSBlog group to add an article. Only if I add a user itself to a RSBlog group he has access to write an Blog article. I just can't manage it with a complete Joomla group.

Any idea what I can do?

Thank for your help!
Claudia

categories with different group permissions 10 years 6 months ago #24793

Hello Neptunia,

Please make sure that the RSBlog! group has the "Can submit articles" option set to "Yes".

This options allows all members of the group to add articles to your blog.

If this issue persists even after enabling the above mentioned option, please submit a support ticket here:

www.rsjoomla.com/submit-a-ticket.html

... and our Customer Support team will gladly help you work out this issue.
Please remember that my responses aren't considered customer support, to receive customer support please submit a new customer support ticket, and we will gladly assist you.

Best Regards,
Cristian Nicolae.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!