Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Default values

Default values 9 years 3 weeks ago #30804

• rakeshy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
To make the Ticketing better I really would incist on having a default values field within the Custom Fields.

Setting Default value for checkboxes and other field types.

My main advise is having fields automatically filled in when there is only 1 choice possible in 'select menu's' like: Department & Subject of the ticket form.
Especially these two fields need default value options, so that they are automatically filled in.

I find that users keep forgetting those fields and it would speed up finishing the form when it is automatically filled in already.

Hope this can be done easily.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Default values 9 years 3 weeks ago #30810

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
If you have mandatory fields on the submit a ticket you should mark them as required (this can be configured per each custom field).

More information here:
https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/431-departments.html
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

Default values 9 years 2 days ago #31037

• rakeshy
  • Expert Boarder
Hmmm I wasn't very clear.

Simply put: When there is only 1 choice possible as a subject pulldown option. Then it should be automatically selected without any effort from the subscriber.

Would this be possible?

Making it mandatory would only increase the effort by the subscriber. I want to simplify it.

Default values 8 years 11 months ago #31099

• rakeshy
  • Expert Boarder
This is the responds I got from RSJoomla. And works for my situation. Automatically load the first predefined default subject.
Hello,

Although this exceeds the range of our support policy, we like to help our customers in any way that we can when we have the time. I have made some tests and managed to identify a simple solution for your described scenario.

Please try going to components\com_rsticketspro\assets\js\rsticketspro.js, search for:

this.showPredefinedSubjects(department);

and add the following line after this one:

document.getElementById('jform_subject').selectedIndex = 1;

This should select the second option in your `Subject` field dropdown.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rakeshy.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!