Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Look Like a WordPress Blog

Look Like a WordPress Blog 10 years 7 months ago #24590

• ken79
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello

I now I may be ignorant on how this works but here goes

1. I have RsBlog and all is great except the user cannot leave comments. Is this correct?

2. I have RsComments and now I can give the user the ability to add comment to the posts I want.

3. Maybe I have RsBlog seetup wrong on the menu but all I got was some sort of pop up on the blog page for the user to register and it never goes away

4. Is it possible to have a blog like WordPress and I have to OK the comments? I have RsBlog & RsComments what did I miss Joomla 3.0
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Look Like a WordPress Blog 10 years 7 months ago #24599

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

Can you provide me with a working URL of where the pop-up issue happens?

As for your RSBlog!, RSComments! integration, first ensure that the components are up to date:

-RSBlog (rev 10)
-RSComments (rev 11)

Try checking these:

-the integration (Components > RSBlog! > Dashboard > click the "Options" button > Basic > Comments Integration - select RSComments!).

-if post settings allow comments (edit your post(s) > check in the post settings on the right if "Allow Comments" is set to "Yes"). You will have to enable/check this for all your posts.

-RSComments Groups Permissions ( Components > RSComments > Group Permission > select a group for example "Public" > ensure that "Post new comments" is checked.

If this is not the case, submit a customer support ticket as this cannot be resolved over forum.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!