Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Moving files between folders?

Moving files between folders? 9 years 1 month ago #30421

• bsener
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, this is a really simple question but I cannot seem to figure out how to move a file between folders in RS files?

Apologies in advance if I am being stupid!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Moving files between folders? 8 years 11 months ago #31113

• bogdan.tataru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
For moving files between folders you need to use a FTP connection to your server. After moving the file you need to head over to Components > RSFiles! > Files and press on the "Synchronize files" button.

More on this here: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...ticle/351-files.html
My help is not official customer support. To receive assistance, submit a ticket by clicking here

Moving files between folders? 8 years 3 months ago #33425

• RPPEO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
So essentially RSFiles a file management tool can't move files or folders. When you add or move files using FTP or other file browser, the permissions get confused so be careful. I can't understand why RSFiles doesn't provide this functionality.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!