Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Questions

Questions 9 years 1 month ago #30626

I have acquired a website that is run on JOOMLA. I have not used JOOMLA until now, but one of the issues that has come up is membership. The organization has a paid membership which goes through pay pal. Currently anyone can go on the website, gain a membership by filling out a form and then have access to the membership pages. The organization that I work for would like a member verification to grant membership status for only people that have paid. A JOOMLA technical support person sent me in your direction.

I do not have access to the domain yet, but when I do, I plan on updating the verision of JOOMLA being used to 3.0. If I have this extension purchased will I be able to use it on the updated version of JOOMLA. They also keep control of the membership through civiCRM. I am not exactly sure how that works with the flow of everything. Does RSJOOMLA work with civiCRM or can I import everyone's information over to MembershipJOOMLA? Will MembershipJOOMLA help with how the flow of everything works where as it can be more automated? Is there a video or away I can see how it works and what it looks like back end and front end? I also plan on updating the site in the near future and if I do, is it possible to keep MembershipJoomla for the site or would I have to purchase a new keycode? Will MembershipJoomla allow to send out e-mail notifications to people who's membership is about to expire and also newsletters?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions 9 years 1 month ago #30637

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
RSMembership! was designed as a component that will allow you to sell virtual goods, services and content access by creating an easily manageable administrator interface, perfectly integrated with all that Joomla! has to offer.

You can set up multiple memberships, each with its own extra features, membership upgrades, expiration dates, stock handling, transaction tracking, file management and of course the much needed payment integrations.

Restricting access to content, can be done using the "Shared Content" functionality which can be configured per membership. Basically, if your users are not part of a specific membership, they will not be granted access to that specific part of your website.

You can find out more information on this here:
https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/316-memberships.html#sharedcontent

However, please note that there is no integration between civiCRM and RSMembership!, the component handles the subscriptions. It uses the standard Joomla! user tables, meaning that the already existing users will be available in the "Subscribers" section of the component (you will have to subscribe them to memberships manually - or provide them with a link to a subscription form).

The demo for RSMembership! can be found here:

http://demo.rsjoomla.com/rsmembership

You can access both backend and frontend area of the component.

I would also recommend the Getting Started section of our documentation, which you can find here:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-knowledgebase/79-getting-started.html

For more questions, do not hesitate to contact us in our pre-sale department:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/submit-a-ticket.html
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!