Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Assign to User Groups

Assign to User Groups 11 years 2 weeks ago #22489

• rodyb
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys,

I don't know if I'm missing something.. but is there a way to assign different membership subscriptions to different user groups? So when someone registers, they get assigned to "Registered" or "Author" or whatever.

Cheers,
Rody
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Assign to User Groups 11 years 2 weeks ago #22491

• silviup
  • Thank you received: 49
This is being set up per membership. Please head to Components >> RSMembership! >> Memberships >> edit a membership >> Stock and activation >> set 'Enable Changing User Types' to 'Yes'. You will then be able to select the Joomla! group you wish the accounts to be added to. More on this topic here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...316-memberships.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: taragalles

Replace User Groups instead of updating 9 years 2 months ago #30348

• pierre9
  • Fresh Boarder
In the configuration setting there is a option that reads: "Replace User Groups instead of updating".

Please correct me if I am wrong but if you set this to No. Does it mean that when a user subscribes they will get added to the user groups you define in the membership and then removed from the user group when the subscription expires?

The Yes/ No option seems to be confusing for me to make sure a user is going to get assigned to the right permission group when subscribing to a service...

I understand the group association needs to be set per membership but is marking NO to "Replace User Groups instead of updating" going to automatically assign my user to the correct membership group?

Replace User Groups instead of updating 9 years 2 months ago #30358

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Replace User Groups instead of updating - By setting this to Yes, the User Groups will be replaced. If set to No, the new user groups will be appended upon subscription and removed upon expiration.

For example, you have the option enabled (set to yes) and the following user-groups:

-registered
-super-registered

If a registered member purchases a subscription that assigns him to super-registered, he will be removed from the registered user-group and assigned to the super-registered one.

If the option is disabled (set to no)

Upon subscribing to the membership, the user will be added the super-registered group as well.

More information here:
https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/322-configuration.html
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!