Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Handling K2 user groups

Handling K2 user groups 12 years 11 months ago #13754

• histerix
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there!

I have a little question regarding RSMembership's functionality.

I'm working on a website where users should be able to pay for three different types of membership (each with it's own price), and once the payment is made, they should be automatically placed in their respective K2 user group. Beside that, they should also be given Author level in standard Joomla user management.

So, the process would be:

1. user registers an account with K2's registration form

2. user pays the membership

3. upon payment, account is activated, user is automatically given Joomla Author level and is placed in appropriate K2 user group

Once this is achieved, i need to display certain modules according to membership level (which, as i understood, shouldn't be a problem for RSMembership)

Could RSMembership maybe handle this?

Many thanks in advance,

best regards! :)
Last Edit: 12 years 11 months ago by histerix.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Handling K2 user groups 12 years 11 months ago #13843

I am interested in this too.

Can we develop K2 user groups and assign rs membership to those groups.

Re:Handling K2 user groups 12 years 11 months ago #13868

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

RSMembership! does have a k2 plugin but this is designed for facilitating the content sharing, not creating k2 users...

Once a membership is purchased, RSMembership! can create an author level user... but it can't assign it to k2.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Handling K2 user groups 12 years 2 months ago #16804

Hello,
I actually bought RSmembership becourse it states on the site full k2 compatibility. So I am diappointed RS doesn't integrate with k2 users (good idea for a modification?)

Kind regards!

Re:Handling K2 user groups 12 years 1 month ago #16921

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

The integration between RSMembership! and K2 only refers to the possibility to add restrictions from our component for K2 elements(categories, items and user page/blog), a video tutorial on this topic can be found here:

www.rsjoomla.com/video-tutorials-on-joom...th-rsmembership.html

We will consider adding your desired feature in one of our future revisions of the component.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!