Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: No documentation !

No documentation ! 14 years 2 weeks ago #10358

• alafond
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
This extension seemed nice, but for now, i must say, i'm quite disappointed :

Absolutely no documentation on how to use nice features !

I have no idea how to use the keywords page... is there any automatic generated keywords, what's that page for ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:No documentation ! 14 years 2 weeks ago #10366

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

Please note that the documentation for RSSEO! can be found here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/67-rsseo.html

Also you can see some videos for RSSEO! on RSJoomla!TV:

www.rsjoomla.com/tv/

Re:No documentation ! 14 years 1 week ago #10383

• alafond
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, and thx for replying.
Sorry, but your link sent me to a description of the buttons, which has nothing to do with documentation.

For example, your description page doesn't even says what it does ! What's the "keywords importance" for ?

I'm sorry to say that, but your product doesn't worth much, if beyond the code - which might be great - you don't do the effort to explain it.

49€... can't believe it.

Regards,

Re:No documentation ! 14 years 1 week ago #10385

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

The product documentation does what is supposed to do: offer a complete description of what the component does.

Well... the keyword importance is described here:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/72-getting-started/296-keywords.html

This is basically a semantic importance that you assign to that particular keyword. For example if you have a car rental site then "car" is very important to you. As opposed to this could be "hat" that does not really relate to your site.

I am sorry that you feel this way... but our product offers you SEO tools not SEO tutorials.

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly trying to improve our components (documentation included).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:No documentation ! 14 years 1 week ago #10396

• vladomkd
  • Fresh Boarder
hello!

i must agree that the documentation is totally lacking. it's not about SEO tutorials at all, but about describing the functions and configuration of the tool. i don't understand why do you even bother to list the features that the tool has.. that can easily be seen by browsing through the admin panel.

for instance i'm struggling to properly comprehend the meaning of the crawler level... how are levels designated, how deep should i set it to crawl etc.

documentation definitely needs a lot of improvement!

Re:No documentation ! 13 years 11 months ago #10588

• gwmbox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi guys, I too had a similar issue trying to figure out what is the way and order of how things should work, so I asked RS direct and got the following reply, its not detailed but at least it gives a better how to than what the current documentation does.

- START EMAIL -

Please note that RSSeo! is used in order to improve your site's Seo performance. You can also keep track of your competition and make comparison charts between your site and the competitors, create a sitemap of your site and much more. You can read more about this here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...-for-your-site-.html

In order to create a sitemap you will first have to:

- enable canonicalization from Extensions > Plugin manager > System - Rsseo;
- go to Components > RSSeo! > Settings > Crawler, set the crawl level and the additional crawler option; you can read more about these options here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...ed/298-settings.html

- after you set your desired settings you will have to go to Components > RSSeo! > Crawler and perform a crawl of your site by clicking the "Initialize Crawler";

- next you will have to go to create two xml files: sitemap.xml, ror.xml and upload them in your Joomla! root folder;

- after the files are uploaded you can return to your Joomla! administrative panel Components > RSSeo! > Sitemap and generate your sitemap by clicking the "Generate Sitemap" button;

You can read more about creating a sitemap with RSSeo! here:

www.rsjoomla.com/blog/how-to-generate-a-...omla-with-rsseo.html

www.rsjoomla.com/blog/why-use-a-sitemap-...our-joomla-site.html

You can edit your pages by going to Components > RSSeo! > Pages and selecting your desired page. You can change the title of the page, set the metadata, set the status of the page and also check to see if your page meets the most common seo criterias. You can read more about this topic here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...arted/281-pages.html

If you plan on deleting pages, please note that they will only be removed from RSSeo! and not from your website. If the autocrawler option is set to "Yes" then once you access a deleted page, it will be re-added to the pages found in the "Pages" tab.

If you refresh your pages, RSSeo! will check your pages for any modifications and will display the newly calculated Seo Grade based on your changes.

Once you performed a crawl and set the metadata for your pages, these settings will remain even if you perform a new crawl of your site. The crawler will store your current pages with their seo settings unchanged. If you wish to perform a fresh crawl of your site you will have to delete all your existing pages and then initialize the crawler again. Your website's functionality will not be affected by the number of pages the crawler will find.

- END EMAIL -

I agree though with everyone else the documentation is appalling not just for RSSEO but for most if not all RS solutions.
If you don't ask....

Re:No documentation ! 13 years 11 months ago #10589

• gwmbox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
vladomkd wrote:
for instance i'm struggling to properly comprehend the meaning of the crawler level... how are levels designated, how deep should i set it to crawl etc.

If I may help, maybe, what I did initially on a dev site of the site I am using it for was to do a crawl at level 10, then I had a look at what was in level 10, 9 , 8 and so on. I ended up stopping at level 3 for my needs as that was more than sufficient for what I needed.

I'm not 100% sure but it seems as though it goes;
Home page = level 0
Menu menu Items = Level 1
Links for internal content on the menu item pages - level 2
Links for internal content within the Links for internal content on the menu item pages (as in a deeper page) = level 3
and do on....

Not really 100% sure but it seems to work something like that.

vladomkd wrote:
documentation definitely needs a lot of improvement!

Totally agree, as is the case with all RS solutions, however if you have a specific question for RS send them a support ticket they are happy t help if you can provide them with a detailed description of what you require and ask for it in a polite way.

Cheers
If you don't ask....

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!