Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSMail Subscription Through an Article

RSMail Subscription Through an Article 10 years 8 months ago #24592

• david757
  • Fresh Boarder
Good Afternoon,

I would like to have an RSMail signup on the bottom of an article.

I originally thought that there would be a plug-in to allow this, but I could not find one. So I decided to embed an RSMail Module in the article using the loadposition plugin.

You can see the article at whyvisitfrance.com/insider-club. It's kind of rough right now because I am focusing on getting RSMail working, not the look of the page.

The problem I have is that javascript appears in the email field. If I use a standard position (e.g. position-7), the module appears fine and the email field has the word email in it.

I can not figure out what is causing the javascript to appear.

So, could you please tell me if
a) If I am embedding the signup field correctly (using the module) or should I be doing it a different way for an article?
b) Why I am getting the javascript showing in the email field?

Thank you,

David
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RSMail Subscription Through an Article 10 years 8 months ago #24601

a) The only way to include an RSMail! newsletter signup form in your article is to use loadposition, so your solution is correct
b) The script is caused by the Joomla! Email Cloaking plugin, please disable the plugin or use the {emailcloak=off} placeholder in your article.
Please remember that my responses aren't considered customer support, to receive customer support please submit a new customer support ticket, and we will gladly assist you.

Best Regards,
Cristian Nicolae.
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by cristian.nicolae.

RSMail Subscription Through an Article 10 years 8 months ago #24606

• david757
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your response Cristian. I'm not a javascript programmer, so I didn't bother actually looking at the code. This morning I started actually looking at it and realized what was going on. Thank you for pointing me to the plugin. It worked.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!