Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: J4.1.4: crash when installing RSFirewall 3.0.9

J4.1.4: crash when installing RSFirewall 3.0.9 1 year 10 months ago #42061

Hello all,

I just installed recently a new website using the latest Joomla 4.1.4 and the latest RSFirewall 3.0.9.
The install fails to complete with no database tables created and the error msg indicates that table rsfirewall_ignored could not be found although none has been created. At that point, there's no other option than to restore a backup...
Have checked the db and haven't seen anything special about it...
All hints/heads up would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[SOLVED] J4.1.4: crash when installing 3.0.9 1 year 10 months ago #42062

OK. Looks like there's a slight issue there: I grabbed the sql files from admin/sql and inserted them into my db and THEN ran the 3.0.9 installer and everything works.
Looks like the installer main script misses installing the tables for some rason...

J4.1.4: crash when installing RSFirewall 3.0.9 1 year 10 months ago #42063

• bogdan.tataru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Hello,

This is due to the fact that RSFirewall! was already installed (though faulty, for example due to an improper migration) tricking Joomla! into thinking this is an update instead of a new installation. You can manually uninstal RSFirewall! as instructed here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...tall-rsfirewall.html

Afterwards, install the component using the latest version downloaded from our website.
My help is not official customer support. To receive assistance, submit a ticket by clicking here

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!