Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can't access admin on copy website

Can't access admin on copy website 9 years 1 month ago #30500

Hi all
I'm trying to work on a copy of my main website which resides in a separate folder. After multiple failed attempts to gain access, I went through the site with a fine tooth comb & deleted (!) every instance I could find of any security products (I've 2 running). When that didn't work I then started in on the database & did the same. But STILL no luck. The admin page just keeps reverting to the Home page every time I try to access it.

After all that I thought I'd try maybe uploading a new clean copy again of the site, and replaced the database equally with a clean copy of the main site database. So I should have been able to access it exactly as the main site (which is working fine), but yet again, I keep being bounced out to the Home page.

Anyone any suggestions other than what I've already tried that might sort out the issue for me. I'll admit I can't be 100% sure it's ONLY RSFirewall that's the culprit here, but as I said, I've removed everything I could find of the other (encrypt-configuration) one.

Brain dead over it!! :dry: :unsure: Thanks.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by webmaster04.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't access admin on copy website 9 years 1 month ago #30511

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

Can't access admin on copy website 9 years 1 month ago #30512

It's ok - I noticed my main site login had one of those extra phrase add-ons for security (can't remember the name but they take place of your index.php in the address) - so added that into the folder address & finally got to the Admin page. Still no idea how anything's working given I'd deleted everything, but at least I'm now sorted!

Thanks anyway.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by webmaster04.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!