Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Move configuration.php file above public_html

Move configuration.php file above public_html 10 years 6 months ago #25312

• admin05
  • Fresh Boarder
I always get the warning that the configuration file could been seen under the public_html...

How do I move it above the public_html in joomla 2.5?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Move configuration.php file above public_html 9 years 9 months ago #28183

• info1560
  • Fresh Boarder
Just use Filzilla, Log in and drag and drop. Above html are already some Files, use for example "/files". If drag and dorp is not working just download configuration.php to your computer and upload it in your file.

Move configuration.php file above public_html 9 years 8 months ago #28580

• candrid
  • Fresh Boarder
When I move my config file above public_html, it says no config file can be found - exiting when I browse to my site.

Sorry, I am new at this - any suggestions?

- C

Move configuration.php file above public_html 9 years 8 months ago #28582

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

Move configuration.php file above public_html 9 years 8 months ago #28674

• info279
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi - I have same issue
I have created a folder at the root called jsecure and moved config file into this folder.

I have then changed the defines.php fils in administrator section and includes to have following line (joomla 3)

define( 'JPATH_CONFIGURATION', JPATH_ROOT.'/../jsecure' );

This still doesnt work - error stating config file not found

Help please

Move configuration.php file above public_html 9 years 7 months ago #28870

• samuelmf
  • Fresh Boarder
When the openbasedir is configured on the php.ini created by rsfirewall is not possible put de configuration file on a directory above the public_html

Solutions?

One solution is comment the line for openbasedir on the php.ini created by rsf. But i don't know if this is the best solution

Move configuration.php file above public_html 9 years 6 months ago #29063

• sales766
  • Fresh Boarder
Moving your configuration file to anywhere is useless and provides absolutely no more protection for anything than simply leaving it in it's default place. Moving the file outside of the public_html area is useless. Joomla has to read the config file in order to operate at all. By the way things work, Joomla is the httpd (usually apache) server, which is the world for all practical purposes. So if Joomla can read the file no matter where you locate it in order to operate, then so can a hacker if your site becomes hacked through any number of insecurities. Joomla's own website no longer recommends it either as a security feature
docs.joomla.org/Security_Checklist

Move configuration.php file above public_html 8 years 4 months ago #33599

I would just like to emphasize that suggested changes directly on any Joomla core file is a big no no! That's called "core hacking" and won't withstand future updates/upgrades, so I would advice against it.

Defines.php files should be copied, not changed directly. forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=679712#p3354279

Best regards,

Bernard T

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!