Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: 500 - An error has occurred.

500 - An error has occurred. 11 years 1 month ago #21304

500 - An error has occurred.

Layout default not found

Return to Control Panel

After Updating to 2.5.9 and then Installing New Rs Firewall Component.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

500 - An error has occurred. 11 years 1 month ago #21305

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Most likely the new files have not been copied over due to restrictive permissions (ie. you have an incomplete installation). Please make sure the following folders, along with their subfolders and files are writable:
/administrator/components/com_rsfirewall/
/components/com_rsfirewall/

After you make sure they are writable, update the component one more time.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

500 - An error has occurred. 11 years 1 month ago #21306

Hi Octavian,

Thanks for the advice. I deleted all folders and Database Entries and reinstalled. All fixed now thanks!

500 - An error has occurred. 11 years 1 month ago #21308

Ok I was wrong. When I set the Backend Password I get kicked out of Administrator Control Panel with the above error. If I go into Joomla DB and change backend_password_enabled from 1 to 0 I can access the Admin Panel again. But then Backen Password is Disabled. :blink:
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by phillip.van.niekerk.

500 - An error has occurred. 11 years 1 month ago #21331

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

please submit a support ticket regarding this issue:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/support.html

PS: To be able to troubleshoot this, an administrator account will be required.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

500 - An error has occurred. 11 years 3 days ago #22202

I can confirm that error.
Installed two Joomla-pages. Bouth times when I entered a backend-password this error showed up.

Manually turned the Firewall-Extension off, reinstalled the firewall, all worked. As soon as I entered a new backend-password, the error came up again.

In the moment I simply have turned the backend-password off. But I´d love to se a solution for that one. ;-)

All the best, Julian!

500 - An error has occurred. 11 years 3 days ago #22203

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello Julian,

Looking at the support request submitted by Phillip, this is what we found out:
This is all caused by the "Yagendoo E-Commerce Mapping" System Plugin; it is doing something that it shouldn't: it's overwriting some Joomla! framework classes (JView to be exact). The file that's being loaded by the plugin is this one: /public_html/administrator/components/com_yagendooproductmanager/ecm/libs/core/view.php

I have no idea what this plugin does on your website so I only disabled it temporarily - I've enabled it back. Please disable it yourself, then test RSFirewall! again - you'll see it working correctly.

If the above doesn't apply to you, please submit a support ticket so that one of our staff members can help you.
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!