Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Auto-Generate Email Message: Options?

Auto-Generate Email Message: Options? 1 year 8 months ago #42096

• blbeta
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
A check box in the General section, or where ever it makes sense, to not include a field in the "Auto-Generate Email Message" would be great. It is possible I missed it the option. I don't care if the solution is changing something in a file or not, I do not mind doing that if giving proper information.

Two issues currently I have with the Auto-Generate Email Message and my forms. Users upload pictures for the "report". The Auto-Generate Email Message link is to the back end and not a "download" or "view" type link for those who do not have a login. So we would either like to be able to disable the upload fields from the Auto-Generate Email Message or the link that is created be a downloadable link for the image that is uploaded. If this was the only issue I could just manually craft the email with the placeholders.

I have also run into this issue, because some of the forms have 39 options in a dropdown field. With conditional fields depending on what is selected in the dropdown box a one specific checkbox group is shown out of 39 checkbox groups. So hand crafting an email with placeholders would leave a ton of blank space, if we include the checkbox field place holders. Is there an option for the email message to ignore the place holders if they are blank and not put spaces there?

EDIT: Just after posting the message I found this page. I assume I could use this somehow to get the desired effect if I can't find the Auto-Generate Email Message" solution? Which is not what I want to do, as it would entail manually adjust the email if/when the form is ever updated. I would much prefer an option to exclude/include certain fields from the Auto-Generate Email Message option. Seems like it would be a good feature for the product anyhow.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by blbeta.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!