Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Edit Submission with original form view

Edit Submission with original form view 3 years 2 months ago #41033

• admin07
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I was wondering if anyone has solved this issue yet:
Is it possible to click the "edit submission" button in the directory (on from end), and then to be taken to page that looks and behaves like the original form (including the conditional fields etc), but repopulated with the data from the previous submission, and when the user clicks submit, it updates the original record instead of creating a new one.

I've been a long time RSForm user, and this is really one of our longest running complaints from users.

It seems like such a robust request, and it lends itself to so many applications I really dont know why it hasn't been included as standard.
I am getting pretty desperate though, the directory layout is just not as versatile as the original form
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Edit Submission with original form view 3 years 2 months ago #41037

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

For this scenario you will require quite a bit of custom scripting. Instead of the Submissions directory listing you can use the Submissions view menu item:
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...-view-menu-item.html

You can use this to create a link back to your form that will allow you to edit a particular submission, similar to the following example:
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...e-original-form.html

You will need to further edit the example to target a particular submission instead of the last submission made by the logged in user. This should provide a good starting point for your desired scenario.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Edit Submission with original form view 9 months 3 weeks ago #42864

Hello Andreic,

Sorry for taking so long to respond after your comment, I hope you can help me a bit.

I'm testing a form with the option to edit the form in front view with the submissed data vissible.
The example of RSJoomla shows only the last submission of a user, with the provided code for me it isn't possible to edit a submission of another user.

I'm busy with editing the code so a logged in user can edit any submission, still I can't get it work correctly.

Do you have any suggestion ho to edit the code for this purpose?

Kind regards,

Evert

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!