Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Save form and retrieve to complete

Save form and retrieve to complete 3 years 3 months ago #40898

• Romuba
  • Fresh Boarder
I am looking for someone who can help me with the following task.

I will be creating a form from scratch. It will be a very long form and if completed at one sitting and the user had all the info at hand, could take over 2 hours. What I would like is for the form to be able to be saved and then when the user logs in later the form opens to where they left off. They might need to save and retrieve the form like this over many days as they complete all the data.

I am looking for someone who will be able to either give me help on developing the right script for the form so that it can be saved and retrieved, or else to do the scripting themselves on the form before it is completed. The form will be proprietary to my client so I cannot make the content visible.

I am in South Africa and use the Rand currency but I'm sure that we can negotiate in another currency. I'm looking for an expected cost for this job at this stage.
Ross Bartholomew
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Save form and retrieve to complete 3 years 3 months ago #40899

• gregs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
It really isn't that difficult to do - I've done it using this article to point me in the right direction:

www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/334-save-and-edit-form.html

Save form and retrieve to complete 3 years 3 months ago #40909

• Romuba
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Gregs.

I have used the script as per the link and it works very well except for the Calendar and the Date and Time picker. Those details are not saved and when the data is retrieved they are blank. Everything else seems to work perfectly.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Ross Bartholomew

Save form and retrieve to complete 3 years 3 months ago #40922

• gregs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I just tried it and you're right.

I think it didn't affect my use because I don't use those data-picker calendars but rather pull-downs and text fields.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!