Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Hide option dropdown form element in email

Hide option dropdown form element in email 3 years 7 months ago #40608

• paul07
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I created a form with a dropdown element where the last option is 'Other'. When selecting that option, a conditional (text) field shows up.

After submitting the form, an email with all values will be sent to an administrator.

In that email all values are shown, so also the value 'Other'. How can I hide this option so that only the conditional text field is displayed.

Looking forward to any suggestions!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hide option dropdown form element in email 3 years 7 months ago #40610

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

A specialized IF statement syntax is available that can be used on this so you can have a dynamic email body based on submitted data.

The way I see it, you can use two such conditions, one to check if the "Other" option was selected (which is where you would include the textbox placeholder) and a similar condition where "Other" wasn't selected (to include your dropdown placeholder).
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!