Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Send different form data to different users

Send different form data to different users 7 years 10 months ago #35322

• kevin.morrison
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a complex form that has multiple data collections. I need the form to go to multiple departments but I want each department to only get the data they need. Is there a way to create multiple admin forms that deliver specific data to a destination based on pre-selected fields?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Send different form data to different users 7 years 10 months ago #35332

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello

RSForm!Pro gives you the possibility to dynamically control the person who will receive the component specific emails. Below I will provide a simple scenario for this functionality.

Assuming that you have created a 'Dropdown' or 'Radio group' field with your desired departments, you need to setup your items in the following manner: 'value|label'. In your specific case, 'value' stands for the email adress and 'label' stands for the department. Note that 'value' will not be visible in frontend.

More info about 'Dropdown' field configuration here: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...fields/dropdown.html
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...lds/radio-group.html

Next, you need to setup your recipients in 'Admin Email' based on selection by going to: 'backend > Components > RSForm!Pro > Manage Forms > your form > Form Properties > Admin Email'.

More info here: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...d-on-selection-.html

Than, you need to make use of 'Conditional fields' in order to display the desired fields for the selected department, by going to: 'backend > Components > RSForm!Pro > Manage Forms > your form > Form Properties > Extras > Conditional Fields'.

Find detailed information in the following link: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...ditional-fields.html

If the scenario above does not meet your criteria, please give us more details about what you would like to achieve.

Send different form data to different users 7 years 4 months ago #36300

Hello,

I tested your solution it works but ... when there are several different labels with the same email, this poses problem.
Example below, when in my form in front I select line 3 or 4, I always get the label of line 2. But if there is a different mail per line this is not a problem. Do you have a solution?

Duties@aaa.fr|Review your guarantees during the financial year
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Be contacted by a sales representative
Dco@aaa.fr|Receive documentation on services for your employees
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Sending a call for tenders or a call for applications
Dco@aaa.fr|Other request

Send different form data to different users 1 year 9 months ago #42138

• thad
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there, I have just run into this problem as well. We have a form that will allow users to request info packets from a dropdown. Based on that selection it will go to the appropriate admin email so that person can send them the info packet they requested. However, the problem is that several of the labels have the same value. So the admin gets the email but the label shows as everything their email is the value for. For instance...

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it | Streets Packet
Kevin@xyz.com| Fire Packet
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it | Water Packet
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it | Police Packet

If someone selected FIRE, then the resulting admin email would go to Kevin, but the value in the email would be " Information Requested: Streets Packet Fire Packet" because his value is associated to both labels. Kevin has no way to know which packet to send.

Is there any way to solve this (or am I just making an obvious mistake)?

Thanks!

Send different form data to different users 1 year 9 months ago #42151

Hello,

I have exact the same issue as Thad. And I have found a solutiuon for this.
The cause is that the label_text in the mail is shown based on the label_value. Because the value ' This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ' has (in this example) two rows/values, both are mentioned in the mail.

Here is the solution based on the case that Thad mentioned in his thread.

Case:
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it | Streets Packet
Kevin@xyz.com| Fire Packet
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it | Water Packet
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it | Police Packet

Change the double mailaddresses in the value-part from your dropdown in a unique name.
In this example like this:

Streets | Streets Packet
Fire| Fire Packet

Go to the PHP Email script part in your form.
Fill this script in the adminEmail part

if($_POST[0] == 'Streets')
$adminEmail = ' This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ';
if($_POST[0] == 'Fire')
$adminEmail = ' This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ';

You can still use the label_text in the mail.

Regards

Kees
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by kees.de.goeijer.

Send different form data to different users 10 months 2 weeks ago #42835

• franco0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, but in the Email Admin configuration in the field recipient what I write in? The label_value?
Regards

Send different form data to different users 10 months 2 weeks ago #42840

Hello Franco,

Yes, in the Email Admin configuration in the field recipient you fill in the label_value?

Best regards
Kees
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregs

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!