Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 11 months ago #34771

• okkhalid
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure why I'm getting: Error: 0 - Invalid address only with RSFORMS PRO.
the Joomla contact form is working fine, but I have only problem with RSFORMS>

Error: 0 - Invalid address:
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your reques
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 11 months ago #34772

• thirdsun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Did you update to 3.5.1 ? I see someone else reported an issue with 3.5.1. I'm seeing this error, too. I've seen it before and have used RSForm on dozens of sites.

EDIT: updating to 1.51.13 resolved the issue.
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by thirdsun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamnagarsoftware

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 11 months ago #34881

Hello,

I was facing the same issue with SMTP Configuration,
But updating to RSForm Pro_v1.51.14 from RSForm Pro_v1.51.8 fixed my issue.

Thank you

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 11 months ago #34883

• w2kd
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm get this and I did upgrade to 3.5.1 and have upgrade to Rsforms 1.51.14
Issue is still there
The following user(s) said Thank You: v.darsonville

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 11 months ago #34940

Hello, I encounter the same problem since last update Joomla 3.51 and updating RSform.
I have a contact form that works very well, and I have another form with the same parametrage with which I have the same error, error 500 invalid address

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35021

Me too, I have the same problem. I have updated to J 3.5.1 and Rsform Pro 1.51.14. What should I do to solve the problem?

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35023

• w2kd
  • Fresh Boarder
I have resolved my issue by changing the configuration Server-> Mail-Settings-> Mailer to "sendmail"

I think the issue relates to where the hosting and emails for the domain are not on the same hosting.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35033

• chd
  • Fresh Boarder
I also have the same problem. Joomla 3.5.1 and RSFrom Pro 1.51.14.

But still: Warning : Invalid adress

Will this be patched soon? Changing to sendmail or SMTP shouldn't be a resolution

Mail and Domain are also on different servers like w2kd said

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35034

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
There is nothing to fix apart from your own configuration settings:
1) Global Configuration > Server > Mail Settings (right side) and make sure you have specified both "From email" and "From Name".
2) "From Email", "To", "Reply To", "CC" or "BCC" fields in User or Admin Emails - should contain either proper placeholders returning a valid email address (ie. the field must exist on the form and the field must be an email address) or actual email addresses.

So far, all issues submitted to our support ticketing system were related to user configuration errors.
- Placeholders that did not exist
- Placeholders that didn't return an email address
- Plain text added to the above fields - eg. the "From Email" field contained "My Website" instead of an email address.

Please, do check your settings.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35053

• judith.s
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the exact same problem. But it used to work just fine. 'Suddenly', the error occured. I checked all parameters, but everything looks fine.

Could there be another problem?

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35064

This is absolutely rubbish, i use RSFORM for several years now and it worked fine. Nothing is changed in the RSForm configuration on my part and still the message appears: invalid address in the reply. Forms are not been send.
EVEYTHING in the User - or Admin fields is correct using the tags.
So far, all issues submitted to our support ticketing system were related to user configuration errors.
- Placeholders that did not exist
- Placeholders that didn't return an email address
- Plain text added to the above fields - eg. the "From Email" field contained "My Website" instead of an email address.

Please explain to me why it worked fine a month ago and now, since the last upgrade(s) i'm having trouble sending the forms.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35065

• octavian
No, it's not rubbish. It's what happens, whether you like it or not.

Joomla! made some changes to the JMail class:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/9530
All errors were silently ignored until now - not anymore.

Are you sure you've checked this?
Global Configuration > Server > Mail Settings (right side) and make sure you have specified both "From email" and "From Name".
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: sentis

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35068

Hi octavian, thanks for your input.
I've done some research and replaced the file in libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php with the following script.

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/3.5.0/libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php

Now everything is working again, however i'm afraid with a new joomla update it all will be lost again
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by octavian. Reason: edited to remove code

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35069

• octavian
That's not the solution - you're creating more issues. If you're still having problems, you can always submit a support ticket with login access and we'll see what's wrong with your current setup.
Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: WEBDIEZAIN

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35071

Now i get it,
The "Reply" as well the "To" fields both must contain a valid email-address, in the previous versions you could enter a normal txt name. Problem solved.

Thnx
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by WEBDIEZAIN.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35078

• wirecreative
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm also a long-time RSForm user and have just encountered these same issues after upgrading to Joomla 3.5.1 and RSForm! Pro 1.51.14.

Forms which previously sent without error (we use SMTP) now display an "Invalid Address" error. Upon investigating all of the forms were missing values in the "From Email" field in the admin form. Either this value existed previously but was wiped out by the update, or RSForm used to default to using the address set in the global configuration, but no longer does so.

Now that we know what to fix, we can go through and fix it on all of the affected forms, but RSJoomla should be aware that there is an issue of some kind that is leaving previously valid but required fields blank after the update.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35080

• octavian
No, no values are wiped by the update. The Joomla! Mailing class was filling the email field from the Global Configuration settings - this is no longer the case now.

Actually, looking at the Joomla! repo on GitHub it seems these issues will all be solved in the next update (probably 3.6.0).
Regards,

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35095

• chd
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok. Problem solved.

I had all the right settings in RSForm but Joomla needs an email and a sender like octavian said:
Global Configuration > Server > Mail Settings (right side) and make sure you have specified both "From email" and "From Name".

now it works just fine.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35102

• jurn
  • Fresh Boarder
Still looks like an rsform problem:
The problem in my case was caused by the fact that there was a value in the "Reply To" field (but no option to enter the reply to name). When I removed this value, my form was working again.

So somewhat solved for now :-)...but would be good to enter the reply to name in the future.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35105

• octavian
I honestly don't see how you typing a name in the Reply To field (which should be an email address) is a problem with RSForm! Pro.
Regards,

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35110

• jurn
  • Fresh Boarder
Let me explain a different way:

If I type for example This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it in the "Reply To" field, I get the error "0 - Invalid address " . If I remove the value (so no value in the "Reply To" field), it works fine. But we really need this "Reply To" field to work.
Still not a RSFORM problem?

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35111

• octavian
Are you sure you're using the latest version?
Regards,

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35113

• jurn
  • Fresh Boarder
My Apology. Yes, that was the problem. Thanks

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 10 months ago #35115

• octavian
So, it wasn't an RSForm! Pro issue :)
Regards,

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 8 months ago #35365

• tonyhang
  • Fresh Boarder
You guys have been discussing this issue for a while. But none of you is right. Someone in RSjoomla team made a small mistake when writing codes for RStickets.

Let me tell you the solution if you are using SMTP as mailer of your joomla site:
Step1: Disable 'Use Joomla! Global Configuration' in RStickets configuration.
Step2: input an email address in 'From Email Address'. It'd better be the same as 'from email' in your joomla Global Configuration.
Step3 input an email address in 'From Name'. It'd better be the same as 'from email' in your joomla Global Configuration.

Now you guys can fianlly understand? lol. RsTickets is wrongly checking if your "From Name" is an email address. So you have to input an email address rather than a name. That is also why you so the error msg as 'Invalid address - FromNameYouInput".

Give me a hug you guys!

Any issues which are hard to understand, feel free to talk to me! I will be very happy to help out! I don't know how to write php codes at all but i like helping you guys with troubleshooting. I am Chinese by the way. lol

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 8 months ago #35366

• tonyhang
  • Fresh Boarder
Now I need someone to tell me how to modify the code to remove the wrong validation for "From Name" feild.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 8 months ago #35367

• octavian
Even though your reply is not related to RSForm! Pro and the current topic, I have approved it to shed some light.

No mistake was made by our developers. I see your account has a subscription for RSTickets! Pro that expired in March 2015, so that was long before this Joomla! change was introduced:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/9530

So, the issue is with the Joomla! code changing between versions. Code that was written for the current version of Joomla! back then cannot possibly be compatible with future versions, if future versions of Joomla! introduce backwards incompatible changes, such as this one.

If you have the latest version of RSTickets! Pro you'll see that the code has been modified in v2.1.3 to reflect the new changes:
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...s-pro-changelog.html

Your fix works because the "From Name" is actually being added as a "Reply To" address - the JMail class has changed its parameters (and was ignoring errors until now - this change of parameters has been made a long time ago, albeit undocumented). A patch is being added to Joomla! 3.5.2/3.6.0 that will ignore errors in the mailing class, just like it did until now, so this will be fixed soon from within the framework:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/9881
Regards,

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 8 months ago #35368

• tonyhang
  • Fresh Boarder
Great! Thanks for your reply! that makes sense!

Yes. My RStickets pro membership has been expired. so I am still using RSTickets! Pro 2.0.1. The issue IS caused by Joomla's changes.

By the way, RSjoomla is a great team! I bought RSmembership pro, RSform Pro and RStickets pro before and just bought RScomments two weeks ago.

I compared almost all joomla comments extensions and finally chose RScomments. Because it is the best one.

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 7 months ago #35695

I have Joomla 3.5.1 and RSform pro that I no longer have upgrade ability on and am having this same issue. What can I do to get a form to send an email properly?

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 4 months ago #36061

• ann7
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I have the latest version of RSForm Pro (1.52.4) on a Joomla! 3.5.1, but I still get the same error.
Is the only solution to update my Joomla! or is there any other possibility to fix this 'Invalid error' message?

Getting Error: 0 - Invalid address 7 years 4 months ago #36063

• thirdsun
  • Fresh Boarder
You cannot expect things to work correctly if you don't have the latest version of Joomla. That version is also has vulnerabilities and is not secure, you should update it. It will likely be much easier and painless then you expect.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!