Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: input type="tel"

input type="tel" 9 years 3 weeks ago #30540

• info6224
  • Fresh Boarder
hello,
i need to make the phone field input type="tel" so it will force the number keyboard when pressed on mobile

how can i do it ? on RSForm! Pro 1.4.0 Rev 48

please advice ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

input type="tel" 9 years 3 weeks ago #30545

• silviup
  • Thank you received: 49
You can try using the following script:
<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload=function telinput(){
document.getElementById('input').type='tel';
}
</script>

It needs to be added in RSForm!Pro >> Manage Forms >> edit your form >> Properties >> CSS and Javascript >> Javascript area. The code will change the 'input' field's (remember to replace 'input' with the actual name of your field) type to 'tel' when the form gets loaded.

I would also recommend updating RSForm!Pro to the latest version (1.50.11 to date).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

input type="tel" 9 years 2 weeks ago #30646

• info6224
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for your answer,
but can this code can target only one field (only the phone field) i need the other types to stay text ?

is it possible to target specific field to be with the "tel" type ?

please advice ?

input type="tel" 9 years 2 weeks ago #30659

• cosmin.cristea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Please note that my colleague gave you an example, you will need to change 'input' to the actual id of the phone field.
My help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here

input type="tel" 9 years 1 week ago #30675

• info6224
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you,
i'm not a coder..
i just wanted to make sure it is possible before i renew my subscription and downloading the latest version.

input type="tel" 3 years 6 months ago #40599

• rubenl
  • Fresh Boarder
Great! Anyone an idea how to change this script so it can be used for more than one (not all) inputbox?

input type="tel" 3 years 6 months ago #40602

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

There's no need to add a script for this, you can edit your Textbox field > go to Attributes tab and set the Type to 'Phone'. More information here.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!