Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Double clicking on submit sends two mails

Double clicking on submit sends two mails 11 years 7 months ago #18642

If the submit button is clicked three times it sends three mails.

I found that this dosn't change when turning Ajax off. So... how to get around this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Double clicking on submit sends two mails 11 years 7 months ago #18654

Hello,

I didn't understand why i sometime received e-mails twice.
Because of your information I understand now.

thank you
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html

Re: Double clicking on submit sends two mails 11 years 7 months ago #18659

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
This is actually not a bug. By clicking on the submit button you are actually stopping and starting the submission process - thus causing multiple emails.

This happens on all forms, not necessarily just to RSform!Pro.

As a workaround to your problem, you could try disabling the submit button whenever it is clicked. In the additional attributes of the submit button add something like this:
onclick="this.disabled = true;"
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re: Double clicking on submit sends two mails 1 year 11 months ago #42034

• info6302
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

I know this thread is ancient, but in case anybody else is looking here for a solution:

I had the same problem, but the suggested solution prevented the form from being sent. The following solution worked for me:

Form Properties – Form Attributes - Additional HTML Attributes:
onsubmit="document.getElementById('userForm').elements['form[send]'].disabled = true; return true;"

Make sure to include the actual name of your send button in form[send].

Best regards,
Stefan

Re: Double clicking on submit sends two mails 1 year 7 months ago #42198

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

Without any custom scripting, you can enable the "Disable Submit Button On Submission" option, while editing a form > Properties > Form Info area, this is designed to prevent clicking the submit button further once the form has been submitted.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!