Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Add Google font

Add Google font 3 years 5 days ago #41165

• info2239
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a lot of choices in my RSTuvia! template for Google fonts.
However, the font I like most is not in the dropdown list of Template Customization.
Can I make an override in custom.css to add an extra font?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Add Google font 3 years 5 days ago #41167

• dragos
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

You can try to add a new font to your template by following these steps:

- go to Extensions > Templates > Edit the RSTuvia! template styles

- under the Advanced tab, add a similar as the following into the 'Custom <head> tags' area:

<link href="fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=your_font_family_here" rel="stylesheet">

- afterwards, under the Template Customization tab add the following CSS code within the 'Extra CSS Selectors for titles using Google Font' and 'Extra CSS Selectors for content using Google Font' area:

.your_css_selector_here {
font-family: your_font_family_here;
}

More information on how to use the RSTuvia! template can be found here.

Add Google font 3 years 2 days ago #41183

• info2239
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Dragos,
I edited into the 'Custom <head> tags' area:

<link href="fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Kulim+Park:wght@200&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

I added the following CSS code within the 'Extra CSS Selectors for titles using Google Font' and 'Extra CSS Selectors for content using Google Font' area:

.kulim_park_font {
font-family: Kulim+Park:wght@200&display=swap;
}

I more or less expected the Kulim Park to show up in the Google fonts dropdown list.
I don't see it there, did I code wrong, or should I add anything elsewhere?

Greetings,
Marc

Add Google font 2 years 11 months ago #41202

• dragos
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

You won't see it in the list, since you are loading the font separately, you'll need to define this as it follows:
.your_css_selector_here {
font-family: your_font_family_here;
}

/* .your_css_selector_here should be replaced with p, h tags, and other CSS classes you might have on the website, you can inspect the page in the frontend area to see the HTML structure */
The following user(s) said Thank You: info2239

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!