Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: graphics- vs text-based logos

graphics- vs text-based logos 9 years 2 weeks ago #30996

• cbrace
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

The built-in logo facility of the RSPenta is very nice indeed, but if you are not careful it can catch you off-guard. Here's how:

I uploaded a graphic logo, which is one of the options.

However, on small screens the logo was moved on top of the mobile (small-screen) menu bar, which looks horrible. I thought this was a bug, until I went to the RSPenta demo site to see if it was the same.

There I discovered that the logo for the site is a text one (a rather fancy cursive font), and it looks fine when moved onto the mobile menu bar, especially since it changes from black to white.

With my limited experience with this, I think that moving the graphic logo this way is not very helpful. I have now placed the logo at the top of my home page the "old-fashioned way" with a Custom HTML module, which works fine, also for small screens.

I would be very interested, though, in how the color of the text-based logo font is changed in the CSS based on screen size. Can this be documented or shown in a tutorial?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!