Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to make submenu-items switchable on phones?

How to make submenu-items switchable on phones? 9 years 2 months ago #30261

In smartphone- or tablet-mode the menu of (all?) your templates permanently shows the submenu-items too. So the menulist can become very long.
How to make the submenu-items switchable?
Also on smartphones and tablets they should only be seen, when the user hovers over the mainmenu-item or when he clicks on it. But for the last there had to be a possibility to toggle (submenu on/off) on each mainmenu-item with submenu-items.

Kind regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to make submenu-items switchable on phones? 9 years 2 months ago #30266

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
We are that this might be annoying for installations where you have a lot of menu items / submenu items, but unfortunately there is no built-in feature that would provide a different approach to it.

We have already listed this on our TO DO list and a solution will be provided in future revisions (most likely an "expand" button for each parent item).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: walter.fleritsch, wim7

How to make submenu-items switchable on phones? 9 years 2 months ago #30269

In other templates (for example "JSN") there is a "+"-Icon in the main-item to expand the submenu. I find this is a good solution.

How to make submenu-items switchable on phones? 8 years 11 months ago #31106

I'm still waiting to buy a RS-Template because I think an expand-button (-icon) is important for comfortable using submenus on smartphones.

When you are about to offer this feature?
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by walter.fleritsch.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!