Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSEvento Template: Reduce Height of Menu Bar?

RSEvento Template: Reduce Height of Menu Bar? 10 years 8 months ago #24744

The menu bar is a little too tall for my taste and I'd like to make it shorter, but cannot find an easy way to change it in the css. Does anyone know a decent way to change menu bar height without blowing anything else up?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RSEvento Template: Reduce Height of Menu Bar? 10 years 7 months ago #24753

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
I would recommend performing CSS adjustments as explained within the following article:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/893-how-to-modify-rseventos-style-without-changing-the-source-code.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

RSEvento Template: Reduce Height of Menu Bar? 10 years 7 months ago #24768

Thank you for replying. I understand the css needs adjustment and how to do so without modifying source code, but which interrelated elements of the menu css need adjustment? Thanks!

RSEvento Template: Reduce Height of Menu Bar? 10 years 2 months ago #26464

• johngw
  • Fresh Boarder
I understand this too but in which CSS file do you do the changes?
In my case I want to reduce the text style to a lower one. I guess you do this in the same CSS file.
I just want to make some adjustment.
First make a backup of the original CSS file and then rename the CSS file to custom.css.

RSEvento Template: Reduce Height of Menu Bar? 10 years 1 month ago #27014

I copied the file template.css and named it as the new file custom.css

Then I wanted to changed the size of the text in the main menu so I scrolled down the file to find the section beginning:

/* Main menu CSS */

This is about halfway through the file
I looked for the section on text size and changed the size from 24pt to 18pt

.navbar .nav > li > a {
color: #FFFFFF;
font-size: 24px;
font-weight: normal;
text-shadow: none;
padding: 23px 36px;
text-transform:uppercase;

I then wanted to change the font size in the dropdown menu from 22pt to 16pt so I scrolled down to find:

.dropdown-menu > li > a {
font-size: 22px;
font-family: 'OswaldLight', cursive;
color: #FFFFFF;
padding: 5px 10px;
text-transform:uppercase;

I will probably need to change quite a few other things so will need to search through.

I think it would be a good idea to have these basic text sizes adjustable in the main template configuration panel in future updates please.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!