Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Social Buttons not working on my sampledata

Social Buttons not working on my sampledata 8 years 1 month ago #34605

• rpacdn
  • Fresh Boarder
We have installed the sampledata for RSPenta on my brand new installation of Joomla 3.4.8. We have RSSocial installed already.

So we expected the "About Us' page to work exactly as shown in the template demo: templates.rsjoomla.com/#rspenta

But the Social buttons are not showing up under the names in the "Amazing team" section and the "slider" is not working in the Client Testimonials section.

What we noticed is the social buttons and the slider effect disappears even as soon as we duplicate the "About Us" article without any modifications.

Is there anything that we are missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by rpacdn.
The topic has been locked.

Social Buttons not working on my sampledata 8 years 1 month ago #34640

• Chamira
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't think the social icons under each person in the team section is using the RSSocial module.

I am not 100% sure, but when I looked at the code, it did not have the CSSclasses that the RSSocial module usually uses.

I think these social icons are coded in to the profile modules (Custom HTML ?) themselves.

This might explain why these icons disappear, your editor may be striping out the HTML code from the Article. You need to make sure your editors configurations allows HTML code.

You can test this if you switch your default editor to TinyMCE and duplicating the same article - the icons should be retained.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Chamira.

Social Buttons not working on my sampledata 8 years 1 month ago #34642

• rpacdn
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I talked to RSJoomla support and it seems that my Editor was stripping out the Social icon functionality or preventing it from getting inserted even when I used the RS Shortcode to insert modules like "Personal box". So I had to turn off the Editor (I was using the default editor) before inserting the shortcodes!

Strange!. Is there any good Editors out there that will not do nasty things like this?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!