Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Text block title as link?

Text block title as link? 5 years 1 month ago #38785

• vespera
  • Fresh Boarder
I would like to have the text block title behave as link (it should be the same link as the button), so that a user doesn't have to always click the button to open the article.
I think this would be a nice add-on to functionality, but until (and if) it gets implemented, can somebody assist me in creating an override - this can probably be done with some minor changes in the com_rspagebuilder/layouts/elements/bootstrap3/text_block.php file?
Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Text block title as link? 5 years 3 weeks ago #38885

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

You can try a template override approach, more precisely, the original layouts can be found under this path:

components\com_rspagebuilder\layouts\elements\bootstrap3

...you can copy and adjust these under this path:

templates\your_template\html\layouts\com_rspagebuilder\elements\bootstrap3

In this newly created layout override, simply include the title heading php code with the button's code, for example:
<a href="<?php echo $element_options['button_url']; ?>" target="<?php echo $element_options['button_target']; ?>">
	<?php if (!empty($element_options['title']) && !empty($title_show)) { ?>
	<<?php echo $element_options['title_heading']; ?> class="rspbld-title"<?php echo RSPageBuilderHelper::buildStyle($title_style); ?>>
		<?php echo $element_options['title']; ?>
	</<?php echo $element_options['title_heading']; ?>>
	<?php } ?>
	</a>

Text block title as link? 5 years 3 weeks ago #38892

• vespera
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much for the advice - I'll try that.
In the meantime I've come across another idea that would, in my oppinion, be usefull - for example, have the possibility to completely hide (not publish) the button in vertical/horizontal image box and in vertical/horizontal icon box.
If the title (maybe even image/icon, or the whole box content) would function as link, then the button itself wouldn't be neccesary...

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!