Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Adding RSFiles function to RSDirectory

Adding RSFiles function to RSDirectory 8 years 6 months ago #32603

I am currently using RSDirectory to allow users to upload images and attached files so that other users can view. I have been able to set up the user to input and upload all required fields and then the listing is published on the front end. I would also like the files that where loaded on entry to be listed on the front end to be visible for other registered users to download (including the image file). I currently have RSFiles installed but can't seem to find any information on this. Is it possible to link RSFiles download with RSDirectory or will I need to do some customization? Any help would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adding RSFiles function to RSDirectory 8 years 6 months ago #32604

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Though there is no direct integration between the two extensions, we might be able to work something out. Let mess if i get this... You would like that files uploaded in RSDirectory! be listed in RSFiles! as well ? Is there a general folder that you are using for all download, or should these be placed in a certain folder (based on the originating entry category) ?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Adding RSFiles function to RSDirectory 8 years 6 months ago #32605

In general I would like a user to be able to upload an image, description etc. using RSDirectory. In addition to uploading an image I am adding the option to upload an stl file format. I have successfully uploaded the stl file and I can see that it is uploaded when viewing the page resource. Once the user has uploaded and filled in the required submissions the listing is diplayed on the front end. When viewing the individual listing from the front end I would like a registered user to be able to view the uploaded files from the current listing being viewed and also download any files attached. I would like to use the RSFiles! view as I would like to show the file information such as different licenses.

In regards to your question, "You would like that files uploaded in RSDirectory! be listed in RSFiles! as well?" I don't think that is exactly what I am looking for. I think more appropriately would be the option to integrate RSFiles! into the RSDirectory! layout. For example; when creating a form for RSDirectory! I can create custom fields. One of the custom fields is to "upload a file". I wish to have the ability to show the file that was uploaded by the user and show the file on the front end listing view and downloadable. I hope this makes sense.

As far as folders go I am still testing the functionality and am not sure how I am going to do the folder configuration. Right now I only have one folder created as I am still trying to see if this is possible.

Adding RSFiles function to RSDirectory 8 years 6 months ago #32611

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
The good news - it can be done without a specialized integration or plugin. The bad news, you will need some scripting knwoledge.

Here is how i would implement this:

- in the RSDirectory! Add entry page, i would publish a form that would allow me to upload the files in question. Even maybe an RSFiles! upload option.

- The upload part - this is tricky part. RSFiles! or your custom upload form, would have to create a folder for each entry. All entry files would be uploaded there.

- Create a template override for the RSDirectory! entry details page that would automatically generate the RSFiles! listing files structure: {rsfiles path="/path/to/folder"}. More on this syntax here:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsfiles/plugins-and-modules/rsfiles-system-plugin.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Adding RSFiles function to RSDirectory 8 years 6 months ago #32615

I guess I will have to give my scripting knowledge a try.

Thank you very much for looking in to this! It may take me some time to to get to this but I certainly appreciate the effort.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!