Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can some fields be viewed by admin only?

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 8 months ago #32129

• amjin1
  • Fresh Boarder
I would like to build a directory that allows some select fields (with personal info) to be hidden from the public display. The collected information would only be viewable by the form's administrator. Is that possible with RSDirectory?
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by amjin1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32768

• antesan
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I have the same question, is this possible?

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32769

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Let me see if i get this right. You would like to have some fields that are present when the entry is being added, but then don't display them in listings or details page. If this is the case, then yes, this is possible. You can simply exclude them from displaying in frontend area.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32771

• antesan
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok! Say for example that you have 10 fields in a form. 8 of those fields should be visable to the public user. These fields can be edited by that user. But 2 other fields are administrator fields and those would not be visable, searchable och editable for the user. The administrator is the only one who own and update the information in the 2 fields.

Is this possible?

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32772

• alexp
If you don't want the two fields to be filled in by the regular user (entry owner), then there is no built-in feature for this, but this can be adjusted via some template overrides or some CSS styling.

Overall, it is not a common scenario, but it is possible.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32773

• antesan
  • Fresh Boarder
Is this something you can do or help me with? I need to know since I am about to buy the extension if this feature is working...
Thanks!

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32774

• alexp
Though the rsjoomla.com customer support service is not providing customization or custom scripting, we do try to help as much as we can. Given your description, i am sure that support staff will provide assistance with this.
Regards,
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by alexp.

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32775

• antesan
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! This will really help... :)

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32797

• amjin1
  • Fresh Boarder
My original request would look like this...
I have a membership directory. The members fill out their own information. Most of the information is displayed for other members to see. However there may be a personal field which we do not want to automatically make public. like a birthday or home address. This information is important to us (administrators) but we want to keep it from being published for all other members to see. Our members can share their email or phone number but we would like to determine which fields would not be published. How can I allow fields to be completed by members on the entry form but not show in the front-end display?

Can some fields be viewed by admin only? 8 years 6 months ago #32798

To keep certain fields from showing on front-end:

Go to: Components > RSDirectory > Forms > (Your-Form-That-You-Want-To-Hide-Fields) > Layouts Tab

Look at the options on that forms layout:

Use description template = Select "Yes"

Then simply do not include the placeholders of the fields you want kept private in the template. Only placeholders that you have included in the template will show on the front-end.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!